Home Autographs Forum
Options

My All Vintage Honeymooners Collection 1952-1966

Hi,

Here is my vintage only Honeymooners collection of signed items and photographic prints. I think this is what a decent collection looks like. These are mostly the earliest signature examples I could find on photographs. It was important they all match as well - blue fountain pen. It took me about 15 years or so to get together with a few different change-outs (1 Meadows and 3 Gleasons) and of course the rehearsal photographs are very tough to find, if possible. I hope you enjoy all of it. Some SP's are very scarce IMHO in vintage form (Randolph especially, also Carney and Meadows as well). Authentication by me.

Jackie Gleason signed 3.5" x 5.5" b/w glossy photograph, C. 1952, fountain pen

Audrey Meadows signed 3.5" x 5.5" b/w glossy photograph, 1956, fountain pen

Art Carney signed 3.5" x 5.5" b/w glossy photograph, C. 1955, fountain pen

Joyce Randolph signed 3.5" x 5.5" b/w glossy photograph, 1958, fountain pen

Pert Kelton (the first Alice Kramden in 1950) signed 4" x 6" album page with attached photo, C. 1949, fountain pen

Jackie Gleason CBS 7" x 9" promotional double-portrait of Gleason and the character Ralph Kramden, date stamped October 1955

Part of a previously unseen private sheet of 35mm contact rehearsal photographs of Gleason, Carney and Meadows blocking in "The Adoption", late December, 1965, © 2012

Best wishes and comments more than welcome,
Eric

Comments

• Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now THAT'S cool.
  • Options

<< <i>Now THAT'S cool. >>

The rehearsal photos? Thanks! image
    If you know the show you can almost hear and know what they are saying with that body language.

Best wishes,
    Eric
  • Options
    magikbillymagikbilly Posts: 6,780
    Hi dapro,

I thought I would bump this old thread and show you a little of what I collect. I also show below my all vintage Star Trek collection:

All vintage Trek. Earliest examples of all I have seen. Some character signed as well. The McCoy is signed "Dr. McCoy" only and is the only one I have ever seen like it - signed the onset Star Trek nurse. Since making this composite I have added a 1967 Majel Barret so the set is complete. Took a LONG time.

Best wishes,
    Eric
  • Options
    daprodapro Posts: 209 ✭✭
    Eric, that is pretty neat! How and where you get them?
  • Options
    Hey dapro,

All of this (Trek collection added above) came from eBay with the exception of the Scotty (Jimmy Doohan) which I bought in NYC. Oh yes, the rehearsal photographs also came from a show in NYC. $5 image ROFL.
    Authentication on all by me. image

Eric
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    The Trek collection hits close to home as I'm a huge Trek fan image very cool stuff

I saw Nichelle Nichols in person for the first time last September. She's a real lady.

And man, Audrey Meadows was so hot! I used to love watching her strut around that little apartment. I'm gonna forward this to my dad, he was a huge Honeymooners fan for many years.

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing!
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    Sure image I am glad you enjoyed the stuff image

Best wishes,
    Eric
  • Options
    Hey Lochness,

You met Nichelle - ever meet any of the other crew?

Eric image
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    That Star Trek set is awesome!
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    Thanks image

I am rather proud of it. I wish they were all b/w 1967 glossies but that is a bit unrealistic. It took over 10 years and I think it was a lot of fun. Also it was very cheap - $365 with the Nurse Chapel. image The most $ was for the McCoy. One of 3 I have seen signed in character and the only example I have encountered signed without his real name. It was written out to the onset nurse Doris who was leaving. Kelley signed a "Spock" and did his best at a Nimoy signature for Doris - even used green ink, but it was still obviously a Kelley/Spock.

Eric
  • Options
    BTW folks - Joyce Randolph - Trixie Norton on the Honeymooners - is alive and well and still singning! SASE of course. Supply your own photo.

Eric
  • Options
    Bumped from oblivion for epruyne. image
    I have posted, but not in a while - I have been busy trying not to irradiate myself to death with my new items - parts of homes and things from Hiroshima. A new interest. One is shown my icon, but the other items are much more interesting than a roof tile. I do have to be very careful.
    Two of my vintage sets are above, and I have many more - one I am selling is a complete C. 1944 cast collection of Lifeboat from Bankhead to Heather Angel. My greatest enjoyment comes from finding things like original contact sheets of stills from productions and pairing them with items signed at the same time. Right now the signatures/slogans/writing I have purchased have been several Hiroshima survivors (but only from 1947-1955, no later, and only on blast material or images from the location and period of the subject), and the Cunard Captain I mentioned, John Pritchard, which is not easy on a 1906 Carmania Cunard Log page (not an abstract).

Eric
  • Options
    The Honeymooners set is impressive...there is something about original television and OTR (old time radio) I love, the ability to actually act live, no special effects, not sure what it is. I am also a huge fan of fountain pen...thanks for reviving this thread.

Hiroshima survivors and artifacts...can I ask how that interest developed? I know of several Third Reich collectors, but collecting items from the site and Hibakusha is new to me...quite interested in hearing. Do you have pics of any of those materials? I know they aren't autographs, but no one else is here anyway. Bring on the radiation!
  • Options
    Hello image

Several are autographs - I need to get some pics hosted and posted. It started because of a rare handmade book I found one day while buying stock about 15 years ago and the fact that my grandfather worked on those same planes on Tinian Island in 1945. When I sold the book I missed it and here we are. I have the book back too image Better condition, earlier/first edition and first variant cover. Silk binding.
    In a nutshell, I have assembled various several roof tiles with impressive heat/gamma damage, a few ceramic wire nuts from homes (one with a sheet rock nail fused into it) also with flash damage, condensers and a large fragment of a blue and white plate with much fused into the glaze. All have a slight and weird sort of color sheen - like the colors you see on...sliced ham. Also early and unique color slides, original b/w photographs, and the several neat souvenirs from the Atomic Shops in the area at the time. I have an accurate model of the Genbaku Dome built from Japanese maple, decorated and detailed with a blow-torch-like tool, with a roughly made sand-cast dome of pot metal made from assembled blast material. This I have attributed photographically to the "Wago-En" shop C. 1954, which was right near the shop of a man who I have been collecting items of and from for a while now. This about 30 yards from the Dome and about the same location my fragments were collected. I am very busy, but will try to make a post and show some of this material.

Best wishes,
    Eric

PS - I also love fountain pen. I have much vintage on offer right now if interested, including a very rare and totally complete set from 1944's Lifeboat. Entire cast (all), program and double-weight still as well. All C. 1944 or so.