Home U.S. Coin Forum

69-D Jefferson that could have been

From what I can tell, the 69-D seems to be the toughest, or at least one of, to find with full steps. This one might have made it if not for all of the hits.

Comments

• FullStepJeffsFullStepJeffs Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    IMHO, I highly doubt a 69-D with full steps will ever be graded by our host. The price tag of such a coin should have brought it out by now.

Steve
    U.S. Air Force Security Forces Retired

In memory of the USAF Security Forces lost: A1C Elizabeth N. Jacobson, 9/28/05; SSgt Brian McElroy, 1/22/06; TSgt Jason Norton, 1/22/06; A1C Lee Chavis, 10/14/06; SSgt John Self, 5/14/07; A1C Jason Nathan, 6/23/07; SSgt Travis Griffin, 4/3/08; 1Lt Joseph Helton, 9/8/09; SrA Nicholas J. Alden, 3/3/2011. God Bless them and all those who have lost loved ones in this war. I will never forget their loss.
  • BigDowgieBigDowgie Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭✭
    Crazy4Coins, I think about my 1969-D and what could have been all the time!

I think about my 1969-S more than I do the 1969-D!
  • Crazy4CoinsCrazy4Coins Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭
    BigDowgie, those are both as close as I have seen! That 69-D would have been a major winner.

The '69-S looks like 5 steps. What am I missing?
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭
    Dang Randy, those steps are beat to hell.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
    Crazy4Coins,

There is a narrow vertical hit that cuts 2 step lines (4th and 5th) at above the left side of the C and that dark patch between the C and E is a break in the 5th step. Oh so close!

I've had to try sending this one in a couple times and curently resides in an MS64 holder. Maybe we need to come up with a designation for coins this close on dates that do not have real FS examples?
  • WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    What would you call them, 'Half Steps' ?
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
    I was thinking something like "PFCFS".......Pretty F*!?ing Close to Full Stepper! What do you think?
    I also spend a little time thinking about my 1961-D. Another killer almost what could have been!

• OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was thinking something like "PFCFS".......Pretty F*!?ing Close to Full Stepper! What do you think? >>

I'll drink to that image

Steve
    Promote the Hobby

• lol',,,,,,,,

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file