Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Sweet MJ hit out of junk wax

I collect the '92 Fleer AS insert set, going for a psa 9 set. Currently 5 short, i buy boxes when i can get them for cheap. Found one today at the LCS for $10 and pulled this. This set is notorious for centering and reverse chipping issues, so PSA 10's are hard to come by. I honestly think this has a chance after comparing it to the few PSA 10's I was lucky enough to buy or sub. To date there is 1 PSA 10 out of 147 subbed (and I think there is one bgs 9.5 as well). Wish me luck - hope to get to PSA somewhat soon (perhaps piggybacking to do so?).

pete
Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.

Comments

• Options
    MrVintageMrVintage Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    Nice pull. My buddy loves collecting 90's basketball inserts as well and he has pulled some pretty cool stuff out of junk wax. I think his best pull was a topp red label Jordan out of a 98 topps jumbo box. He sold it for over 1K.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Nice hit. I've got the 92 fleer in my ebay search list. image

I've pulled a few of these but nothing submittable, IMO.

Good luck. Fingers crossed for a 10 on that one. Centering looks great!

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭
    mrvintage...this isn't nearly as nice or rare as the Red Label your friend hit (those numbered inserts of MJ's get crazy prices), but still about one per 6 boxes.

ldferg - I've probably ripped 2 cases of this hideous stuff to work on a psa 9/10 version of the set. I think out of all of those I've gotten 5x psa 10's including 2 on David Robinson, along with 2 psa 9 jordans. Still - fingers crossed it can get a 10...that would be huge. BTW - when you say you have it on your search, what exactly are you looking for? Probably have extras to make 2 of these sets.
    pete
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options
    Congrats and good luck!
  • Options
    MrVintageMrVintage Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    All MJ inserts are nice to hit so congrats. I don't know how many boxes of 95 sp football I have busted in my lifetime trying to hit psa 10s of the holoview die cut inserts that come about one in every 3 boxes. It's always fun to submit cards from your own personal pack pulls!!!!!! Best of luck on the Jordan
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

<< <i>BTW - when you say you have it on your search, what exactly are you looking for? >>

I have it in my search list in case some of the unopened comes up at a decent price. I watch the item and bid if the price is right. Just looking to hit a Jordan all-Star like you did. I watch for the rack packs as well for the League Leaders Joran.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    Great card. 1992 has some great inserts.

My favorite is the Total D card of Jordan.
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Similar story, got the same card.

I need to send mine off as well....
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.