Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Hulk Hogan's Beach Shop Meet And Greet With Auto Signing....

I purchased tickets to the meet and greet with Hulk Hogan at his new store in Clearwater Beach, FL and drove over this morning from Orlando with my twin brother Bill.

In the past few months I have been buying a few cards to try and get signed to add to my collection and I got those signed today. They came out great!

The shop was posting updates this week on their Facebook page and it said Jimmy Hart would be there too so I brought a few cards of his to get signed as well.

Here are the pics from the event.

Comments

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Very nice David. What did they charge for the Meet -n- Greet ticket? Did it allow you to get as many items from Hulk and Hart autographed as you wanted to?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Great stuff. I am sure you had fun.
  • David, that's so awesome. I remember you getting back a card from PSA that only came back a 5 because of a tiny wrinkle that was missed and although you were discouraged about the grade, I recall you mentioning how it would still be a great card for him to sign because it was just so nice overall. Did you crack that 5 open and is that one of the ones you got him to sign?

Also, Did he mention anything about your article in SMR when you showed him?

Thanks for sharing those pictures btw. The man is a legend.

Marc
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic, what a haul! I know it must have been great day and well worth it. To have Hogan sign the SMR that you are in is classic!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The tickets were $107 a piece including tax and each additional auto was $53.33 with tax.

I bought two tickets and three additional auto's. I also got a Major League Baseball signed for a client who when I told him I was going asked if I could it signed for him.

The signed promo photo,a Hogan's Beach Shop T-shirt and photo opp were included with the admission ticket.

Foo yes one of the Hogan's I got signed was the PSA 5 and I cracked it out last night. I have gotten much better and using the screw driver to my advantage when cracking PSA slabs and it came out like a breeze.

The other two have been relatively recent purchases that I thought were excellent cards to get signed.

When I showed him the article I just showed him quickly his card and said this is the number 1 set of these and that was it. Hogan was brief with his words which is what I expected.

I actually had him sign the magazine last and I was not there as I had the store manager bring it back to the table and have him sign it. The auto came out great on that item.

Jimmy Hart lit up when I whipped out his cards and made a comment that I had one of the old ones. He graciously signed all three cards. Super nice guy!

Brooke Hogan and Hulk's new wife Jennifer lit up too and were dying seeing such an old photo of Jimmy on a card. The picture used for his card is from the mid 70's in Tennessee.

I chose to get a fresh copy of the SMR signed and want to try and get the other remaining wrestlers in the article who are alive to sign it as well. I think that will make for a cool piece.
  • KNAPPKNAPP Posts: 654 ✭✭✭
    Great Hogan autos. Can't go wrong with Hogan.

the KNAPP collection - specializing in boxing and wrestling
    Always looking to buy or trade for Andre the Giant autographs
    psacard.com/psasetregistry/non-sports/famous-personage/andre-giant-master-set/alltimeset/180400

That is a super cool piece with both of his signatures!

What exactly is that from?

Wrestling applications to renew their license. One is from his WWF days and one is from WCW. It's funny how they list his height as 6'8" on one and 6'5" on the other. I also have licenses signed by Savage, Ventura, Hall, Undertaker, Andre, and a few others using their real names. I'm in process of picking up another Savage and Elizabeth.
    psacard.com/psasetregistry/non-sports/famous-personage/andre-giant-master-set/alltimeset/180400

Very cool!

You have some very unique stuff!
    Thanks. My most unique item is Steele's foreign object that he used his whole career.

Now that is unique!!

Tell us the background on the object and how you got it.
    I guy who is a show promoter/dealer knows George personally. I got a letter from Steele explaining the object and how it came to be known as a foreign object. He signed the letter George Steele ans his real name. Photographs of George with the object and online photo matches from the 1970's and 1980's clearly showing the object. I also got Gorgeous George's shawl that you see him wearing in a lot of photos, but the Steele object is cooler, because it brings me back to the 80's.

Nice!

Post a pic of the shawl.
    Gorgeous George's shawl.

WOW that is wild!

Nice 30 pound weights in the background image

The shawl is really neat......
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
    I was doing some hammer curls on a Friday night while I was wearing the shawl, wearing Macho Man's hat, and Freddie Blassie's trunks.

• Great autos dpeck. Any going to psa/dna slabs.

knapp awesome stuff.
  • Cokin75Cokin75 Posts: 243 ✭✭
    Very cool. The Mouth of the South is (or was) actually a big time card collector. I met him at a card show in 1989. He was walking around with a briefcase and buying up pre-war stuff. Seemed like a great guy. The reason that I remember it was '89 is because he was buying some of the Tony Mandarich Score rookies. The first time that I saw that product was at that show.
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Great pics! I hope Hogan is doing okay these days... I heard his interview on Howard Stern a couple weeks ago. Seemed like he was going through his own personal hell. I've always liked Hogan since I was a kid.
    Thanks for mentioning Jimmy Hart and collecting cards. I always find that interesting. I have supplied Dan Gable some cards of himself that he did not own.
    NHL all of them will be going to PSA/DNA eventually. I have some Superstar Graham cards and Jswieton is going to the show in Chicago next week and getting some Ric Flair cards signed for me and will send them off once I get those back.