Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Submitting larger than supersize/oversize?

miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hello,

I recently sent in a big group of oversize & supersize items to PSA. The order popped yesterday and several items received N9 no grade size too big. None of the ungraded items were larger than 8x10 (for example, team issued picture pack, etc.), and some were notably smaller than that. Is it possible to get these graded by PSA in a way that would have them eligible for set registry?

Comments

• Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    which cards were n9? picture pack fit in there supersized holder, thats about the biggest you can submit, there are guidelines(size of the holders) on the psa page i believe.
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    JustusJustus Posts: 179 ✭✭
    They don't make a holder for 8x10. Check here, at the bottom of the page for holder sizes.
    Successful transactions w/Comicgeek68, Statman, Scotgreb, Aupt, captainthreeputt, diamondman, Mickey71, slantycouch, Bkritz, BABERUTHJOEDIMAGGIO, craigger, Huggyface, and many others.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. The ones that came back N9 too big included cards from the following sets:

Baseball: 1970 Boston Red Sox Team Issue Picture Pack (7" x 8 3/4")
    Baseball: 1971 Arco Oil Boston Red Sox (8" x 10")
    Baseball: 1971 Boston Red Sox Team Issue (4 1/8" x 7") (should have fit in the Supersized-Check holder)
    Hockey: 1967 General Mills Hand Cut (6" x 7")
    European/Foreign: 1968 Europa-Bilderdienst - Olympische Sternstunden 1960-64-68 (4 1/2" x 7") (should have fit in the T-3 holder)
  • Options
    JustusJustus Posts: 179 ✭✭
    I think you have to do separate submissions for each holder size. You can't just submit a bunch of different size cards and photos under the Standard-size holder; if you do, any that won't fit in a Standard holder will be N9'ed.
    Successful transactions w/Comicgeek68, Statman, Scotgreb, Aupt, captainthreeputt, diamondman, Mickey71, slantycouch, Bkritz, BABERUTHJOEDIMAGGIO, craigger, Huggyface, and many others.
  • Options
    Possibly, but I sent in an order of supersize/oversize with the 15-free voucher from membership renewal, after first emailing customer service to confirm it was acceptable to do so. There were different sizes of items in the order, but all were larger than standard in some dimension of another, and though some did not get graded, a lot of others did.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have a holder that is 4 1/4" x 10" so at least a couple of yours should have been ok size wise. Some cards they just don't like to grade, about half of my last two submissions (oddball stuff, picture pack photos) were returned to me ungraded. I called to argue, but if the item is not cataloged, they will decline to grade it.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Agreed; the one that really didn't make sense to me for coming back as "size too big" was that there are plenty of other 1967-68 General Mills - Hand Cut (Hockey) already listed on the pop reports (the 1967-68 have photos in NHL uniform, unlike the 1966-67 General Mills that had alternate jerseys for the photo shoots). I've never seen any PSA-graded ones listed for sale before to confirm they are the same as what I have, though I've seen a few ungraded ones go through auction over the years.
  • Options
    Recently some proof cards were added to the player set I collect. They don't effect the rating of the set. I had three of the four cards '69 super proof with square corners '70 and '71 square corner proofs, and sent them in to be holdered "Authentic" the two larger were slabbed and the '69 was returned to me even after I pointed out that the card is in the set!

Personally, I didn't think they belonged in the set and had never intended to submit them, but once they started slabbing them they should show some consistancy!

Not really a big deal, but frustrating.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    A little of topic (but sorta on topic)...for any modern collectors...how do you sub your thick patch/auto cards that would normally fit into a 180 pt holder? They don't fit comfortably into card savers...is there a method that's PSA approved? Thanks in advance for any advice.
  • Options
    Use a bigger card saver. Card Saver 4's should work.

Joe
  • Options
    Thanks sir!
  • Options