Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

Selling my Shoeless Joe Jackson / Pete Rose Dual Cut Signature Card

This card is from the 2012 Historic Autographs collection and is PSA/DNA Authenticated. I have it listed at Pristineauction. Link

Comments

• raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭
    Auction Link

Here's some help for those who don't like to copy and paste. That's an amazing piece right there. But - I have to be the one to ask - how exactly can PSA/DNA be sure that's Joe's signature....not his wife's - or someone elses. Again not trying to question it or play devil's advocate - but would like to know the provenance of this piece for sure.
    Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    I agree and could say a lot more...but I wont

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
  • canjondcanjond Posts: 422 ✭✭✭
    The Jackson came from the dual signed envelope from last year.
    For information on baseball-related cigarette and tobacco packs, visit www.baseballandtobacco.com.

<< <i>The Jackson came from the dual signed envelope from last year. >>

Which envelope is this? Do you have a link with some more info?? And how do they know it was Joe that signed it??

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • this is where it comes from, Thanks for checking it out everyone. Link
    And what would have made this letter so special that he decided to sign only his request and no one elses? I'm sorry if I'm being ignorant, but I don't collect baseball and want to know more. So how does PSA know it was Joe and not his wife - or even this kid who got it back??

"In Al We Trust!"

• I dont know what gives them the info they need. All I know is that they are a reputable company and people trust them. Maybe they compared it to other "known" Shoeless Joe signatures.
  • A card with two ruined signatures? Worthless.

Auto collectors would pass. The Pete has been cut in half. The Jackson was Cut wrong, the bottom of the "J" is missing. Why not cut it in half that way you could make two cards?

Dave

• The Joe was all there was to this particular auto. If you click this link you can see where it originated. link
  • JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A card with two ruined signatures? Worthless.

Auto collectors would pass. The Pete has been cut in half. The Jackson was Cut wrong, the bottom of the "J" is missing. Why not cut it in half that way you could make two cards?

Dave >>

+1

Nothing against the seller. That is the pull of a lifetime and I hope it does very well! With that said, it is the ugliest card on the market.

Jason
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • It definitely aint pretty, but it is Shoeless Joe image Romans 10:13
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Nothing against the seller. That is the pull of a lifetime and I hope it does very well! With that said, it is the ugliest card on the market. Jason >>

image Just "PETE"? And why did they use the ugliest "JOE" for this card.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
    Because they used the better one to make this....

Must have had the "Pete" laying around and thought what a great way to eat up unused space on the Jackson card lol.

"In Al We Trust!"

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    There was also another full Joe Jackson auto. Did they make that into another card as well?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Theres only the 2 in this set. I dont know what happened to the other. Was it the one that Leaf had in Sports Icons last year?
  • After checking into it, it was a different signature used by Leaf last year. I dont know where to other signature is. Thanks tyo all who are checking out my card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • This auction ends Weds Nov 7th.