Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1970 Kelloggs

With the 1970 Kelloggs baseball going nuts on e-bay, how long before the football cards do the same?
By the way, I imagine the baseball cards will keep going up as long as the number of people putting the sets together increases. I've sent in a lot of Kellogg's cards to e-bay and PSA 9's are tough--really tough. I recently took a well-centered Clemente out of the wrapper, sent it in, and only got an eight. I'm telling you, even under a magnifyer it looked like it had a good shot at a 10. I am bummed.
1971 Kelloggs and 1961 Fleer

Comments

• Options
    thegemmintmanthegemmintman Posts: 3,101 ✭✭
    Guffy, as you probably know, vintage football cards just don't have the following that vintage baseball cards have. Having said that, all you need is two crazy bidders to get a card moving.

Zardoz and I feel your pain regarding Kellogg's submissions, particularly on the commons.

Are you submitting '71 Kellogg's only?
  • Options
    Ah Guffy,

Yes, we feel your pain. Kelloggs cards are a world unto themslves. That's why they seem to attract the lunatic fringe, Gemmintman, myself, Elron Sanchez, et. al. (whoever al is)

You just have to keep plugging away one card at a time. I do not have a complete set in 9's yet. I have plenty of the the ones I'm missing, but mint copies of this issue at tough. period. That's what collecting this set is about. It's a real challenge, but in reality it's a pretty inexpensive set (at the moment) considering the number of cards.

Concentrate on those commons. I cannot emphasize this enough. The stars abound.

I have joked with Gemmintman in regards to this issue. We'll see a new name on the registry listing all the stars, not a common to be found in his set. The first thing we say to each other is "Gee, what's he going to do now?"
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES