Home Sports Talk
Options

Most obnoxious athlete of all time

Any sport.

Comments

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    Barry Bonds......I just hate him.................
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milton Bradley
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Baseball- Roberto Alomar
    Football- Nick Fairley
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    Denise Rodman
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Manny Ramierez, Clinton Portis, Rodman
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    John Rocker?

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    During his playing years, Mr. McEnroe HAS to be near the top of the list!

imageimage
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Kyle Busch
  • Options
    Yelberton Abraham Tittle. Hey its his birthday.
  • Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

<< <i>During his playing years, Mr. McEnroe HAS to be near the top of the list!

imageimage >>

I'll see your Johnny Mac and raise you a Marcelo Rios (scroll down to the "controversies" section).. McEnroe was a brat, no doubt, but most of his issues were the result of umpires and ATP suits (and Jimmy Connors). Rios on the other hand threw his (ex)wife out of a moving car (allegedly), ran over his trainer with a jeep, was also a brat, and maintained a consistent disdain for (non Chilean) tennis fans, event staffers, and most of his fellow players.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>Rios on the other hand threw his (ex)wife out of a moving car (allegedly), ran over his trainer with a jeep, was also a brat, and maintained a consistent disdain for (non Chilean) tennis fans, event staffers, and most of his fellow players. >>

THAT, IMO, is not obnoxious ... THAT is a total a**hole!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Rios on the other hand threw his (ex)wife out of a moving car (allegedly), ran over his trainer with a jeep, was also a brat, and maintained a consistent disdain for (non Chilean) tennis fans, event staffers, and most of his fellow players. >>

THAT, IMO, is not obnoxious ... THAT is a total a**hole! >>

yes but Rios also did everything on the court that McEnroe did which you're claiming was obnoxious...Rios just used more F-bombs while doing it.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

THAT, IMO, is not obnoxious ... THAT is a total a**hole! >>

yes but Rios also did everything on the court that McEnroe did which you're claiming was obnoxious...Rios just used more F-bombs while doing it. >>

OK I believe you. I am NOT a tennis fan ... as a matter of fact I would rather chew glass than watch a complete tennis match.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭

I think this covers them, Brady, Manning, and announcer Dan Dierdorf (:
    Nathan Wagner
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Eldrick.
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    the Rally Monkey
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's one that's probably not very well known, but I've heard stories of him being super arrogant, obnoxious and extremely disliked by even his fellow teammates.

How about Dave Stieb of the Blue Jays from the 1980's.

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options

<< <i>Here's one that's probably not very well known, but I've heard stories of him being super arrogant, obnoxious and extremely disliked by even his fellow teammates.
    How about Dave Stieb of the Blue Jays from the 1980's. >>

Really? I never heard that b4.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Golf John Daly
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    Rickey thinks that Rickey needs to be part of the discussion.
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Baseball- Roberto Alomar
    Football- Nick Fairley >>

What's the deal with Fairley?
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Rickey thinks that Rickey needs to be part of the discussion. >>

Since you go there I'll post this from my buddy's Facebook page after he bumped into Rickey a few weeks ago, during first round of the playoffs, in Oaktown. With his 8 year old son:

Just had a devastating encounter - ramp behind section 121 at the Coliseum - Liam, me, two random women and my baseball hero, Rickey Henderson...Rickey stops for a photo with the two women...I ask if Liam, who loves Rickey through my stories, can have a photo with him - he looks at us (no one else within 200 feet) and jogs up the ramp. Liam, who had a similar encounter with Barry Bonds a few years ago, says "Rickey is a bigger jerk than Barry Bonds!" Bummed!
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

What's the deal with Fairley? >>

You mean besides the trouble with the law and the cheap shot that ended a guy's season back in college?

Tabe
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

You mean besides the trouble with the law and the cheap shot that ended a guy's season back in college?

Tabe >>

Those two things may put him in the top 500. If that's all you need to vault to #1 on the list then I guess I've been misinterpreting the behavior of athletes for a very long time now.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im still shocked that nobody has agreed with me on Milton Bradley, this guy was one of the biggest fools ever with his stupid temper tantrums.
  • Options
    zendudezendude Posts: 208 ✭✭

I vote for Dennis Rodman and Milton Bradley. They were both obnoxious fools.
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think this covers them, Brady, Manning, and announcer Dan Dierdorf (: >>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can anyone even remotely suggest Brady & Manning as "Most obnoxious athlete of all time"

I don't follow Brady as close as Manning but I have never seen Brady act as anything less than a class act.

Manning is even classier than Brady.

If those are the "Most obnoxious athlete of all time" than Sports is a pretty classy place to be. image

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    I actually like him as an NFL analyst..... but back in his playing days Cris Carter was a bona fide, me-first a**hole. Despite being a Vikings fan, I was secretly happy when they choked away a 15-1 season in the playoffs in 1998 because it meant CC was one step closer to retiring without a ring.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    I'll go with Barry Bonds
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Randy Moss.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Ilie Nastase
    Jimmy Connors
    Mike Tyson( who did worse than biting off an ear?)
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Mike Tyson( who did worse than biting off an ear?) >>

Rae Carruth
    Ray Lewis
    Josh Lueke

Just to name three.

Tabe
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baseball-Brian Taylor

Football-Todd Marinovich

Basketball-Kobe Bryant

Boxing-Floyd Mayweather JR
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Obnoxious but fun to watch - Deion Sanders

Obnoxious to the point that they perhaps deserve to be spat on - Papa Grande
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Notorious for cheap shots, late hits. In college, he also had a problem with sticking his fingers in people's eyes during pileups. He's just a very dirty player.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Albert (Dont call me Joey)Belle.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    Isn't it funny how perceptions are? I've had good personal interactions with Albert Belle, Ilie Nastase, and Ray Lewis (albeit, when Ray was at the U). All three were kind, smiling, and willing autograph signers. My personal worst interaction was with Bo Jackson when he was a rookie with the Royals. I actually heard him tell a group of young boys aged 6-12 to "Get the bleep out of my way!". I was standing next to George Brett at the time, who was in the process of signing about 50 autographs and chatting with everyone. George just shook his head.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.