Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Block this guy if you sell raw cards...

essjayemporium

Thought the community should know this guy's M.O.
He buys a lot of 500 NM-NMMT cards (1975T), for a nice price. Since the price was good, I included a NM-NMMT copy of #660 Aaron. He immediately wants a return, claiming there were duplicates (although it was clearly stated in the auction). He puts the lot in numerical order and switches out cards he wants, replacing them with his own lower grade copies. Typical scumbag switch. He even switches out the Aaron card, I have no idea why he thinks I wouldn't notice. When I emailed him telling him I'm on to his scam, he quickly files a claim with eBay and one hour later, asks eBay to escalate the claim and make a decision. So I've been on the phone w eBay most of the friggin day trying to straighten this out.

Just thought I'd offer a heads up on this guy

Comments

• Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry man. Some people are just plain evil.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    Unreal. What a tool....total scum.
  • Options
    Afternoon,

I copied and pasted, but it said Invalid ID, did you type it right?

Thanks

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Need to get cement shoes on this fellow. BLOCKED!!!!
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭

<< <i>copied and pasted, but it said Invalid ID, did you type it right >>

small e at the start, not capital E
  • Options
    blocked!
  • Options
    Let me know how it turns out....but I'm afraid I already what the outcome will be.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    blocked.
    Looking for Cello packs with Bill Buckner on top
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a d-bag. He's a seller, too. Hopefully, you win the case and he gets his in the end..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    If the time ever comes that I need to liquidate my collection, I am going to be consigning the raw cards for sure, if not all of it. The fact that I hear this kind of story all the time is a big part of the reason why. I hope it works out for you in the end.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    hows ebay customer service doing?
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Well to no one's surprise I'm sure, eBay let the buyer take his refund, and sided in favor of that douche. Their logic was they cannot verify before and after condition. So there you go.

But the eBay monkey I spoke with yesterday was feeling magnanimous, so he agreed to tell me how to file an appeal. All I have to do is fill out a local police report and fax it to eBay. Then the case will be on a 10-day hold while they review my appeal and decide whether or not to refund me out of ebay's own pockets.

I think the Jets have a better chance of winning this weekend than I have of getting my money back
  • Options
    Unfortunately yes, you're probably screwed. Ebay/Paypal are both like that.

By the way, that user ID now shows up as an Invalid user I.D. on ebay....
    I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Unfortunately yes, you're probably screwed. Ebay/Paypal are both like that.

By the way, that user ID now shows up as an Invalid user I.D. on ebay.... >>

drop the capital E
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well to no one's surprise I'm sure, eBay let the buyer take his refund, and sided in favor of that douche. Their logic was they cannot verify before and after condition. So there you go.

But the eBay monkey I spoke with yesterday was feeling magnanimous, so he agreed to tell me how to file an appeal. All I have to do is fill out a local police report and fax it to eBay. Then the case will be on a 10-day hold while they review my appeal and decide whether or not to refund me out of ebay's own pockets.

I think the Jets have a better chance of winning this weekend than I have of getting my money back >>

I like the Jets chances of not losing this weekend.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blocked

Shane

• Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    It amazes me that people who pull this crap have the nuts to sell on eBay at the same time.
  • Options
    sportscardtheorysportscardtheory Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭
    This scum definitely deserves his ebay seller account messed with. Thieves deserve no mercy.
  • Options
    Blocked the scumbag. Thanks!!!
    I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!