Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Which card is considered to be THE Peyton Manning RC?

Purely based off the PSA census, it appears to be the 1998 Collector's Edge 1st Place #135.

Based off the PSA Registry, it must be one of these cards:

1998 BOWMAN PEYTON MANNING #1
1998 BOWMAN CHROME PEYTON MANNING #1
1998 FINEST PEYTON MANNING #121
1998 FLAIR SHOWCASE ROW 3 PEYTON MANNING #3
1998 FLEER TRADITION PEYTON MANNING #235
1998 SCORE PEYTON MANNING #233
1998 SP AUTHENTIC PEYTON MANNING #14
1998 STADIUM CLUB PEYTON MANNING #195
1998 TOPPS PEYTON MANNING #360
1998 TOPPS CHROME PEYTON MANNING #165
1998 ULTRA PEYTON MANNING #201 or #416
1998 UPPER DECK PEYTON MANNING #1
WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards

Comments

• abcoltsfanabcoltsfan Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    My vote would be the 1998 BOWMAN PEYTON MANNING #1 and 1998 TOPPS PEYTON MANNING #360. The SP is without question the toughest one to obtain.

Working on the following sets
    1980's and 1990's Topps Baseball BBCE FASC - Cello or Wax Boxes
    1952 Bowman US Presidents PSA 7 & up
    Pro Football Hall of Fame Indianapolis Colts PSA Registry Set
    June 9th Cubs full ticket or stubs - 1981 to 2020
    Andre Dawson Topps Basic registry PSA 10's
    Mark Grace Topps Basic registry PSA 10's

• They are all his rookie cards, but if you want the one that will be eligible for PSA set registry HOF rookies, you would want the SP Authentic.
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>They are all his rookie cards, but if you want the one that will be eligible for PSA set registry HOF rookies, you would want the SP Authentic. >>

I noticed that... how do they decide which card to include in that set? I noticed there were a lot of SP cards included.

This is listed on eBay; guess which card they're actually selling: 1998 Topps Finest Peyton Manning Refractor #121 Bowman Chrome UD SP - PSA 9 Mint
  • DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    It is chosen as the most valuable non autographed/patch/parallel. If the value is close, there is a poll sent out. Also, if the card is numbered, there must be 999 or more produced.

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>It is chosen as the most valuable non autographed/patch/parallel. If the value is close, there is a poll sent out. Also, if the card is numbered, there must be 999 or more produced. >>

There's a poll? 'nough said! image
  • jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭✭
    also
    die cut versions are not allowed on the psa set registry for the 'RC"

that card would most likely on a master set.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭
    His best rookie is the sp by far. If I can't get that one I would settle for topped chrome. It's worth a fraction of the value of the sp. there are prob other ones worth more my personal preference is topps chrome when available. There are just to many brands to keep track of. I think over time topps will be the most collectible other than the sp.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Playoff Contenders Auto is "THE" card. The SP Authentic is the next in line besides any insert autos.
  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭✭
    Playoff contenders.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS