Home Sports Talk
Options

Big Papi Asks The Yankees

Does is suck worse to be swept in the playoffs, or does it suck worse to be a Red Sock this year ?

Comments

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say it sucks HUGE to be swept in the playoffs, especially for the Yankees, whose salary for 2012 was a whopping $195,998,000. The Tigers payroll was $119,276,000. Who got the better bang for buck? To be swept in postseason, scoring a paltry 6 runs, and having at least 30 LOBs, tells the story. Not since 1976 have they been swept like that. Brian Cashman didn't look too happy sitting amongst the Tiger fans, actually, he looked pretty pissed.

As for the Red Sox (my team), I was all over them in mid-May. Pretty obvious to me they had serious issues and were going nowhere. Finishing 26 out is pathetic...but, I'd rather finish 26 out than be swept in the playoffs. After all, the objective of the season is to win the world series, not look like a bunch of single A ball players.

Tigers last WS win was 1984, I'm happy for them, I hope they win it all. As for the Yankees...well, I'm from Boston, do I really need to comment? imageimage

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting your hopes up only to be met with an embaressing sweep is much worse than being out of it by early Summer.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Getting your hopes up only to be met with an embaressing sweep is much worse than being out of it by early Summer. >>

But still far less embarrassing than being 18-0, but then losing in the Super Bowl.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Getting your hopes up only to be met with an embaressing sweep is much worse than being out of it by early Summer. >>

But still far less embarrassing than being 18-0, but then losing in the Super Bowl. >>

True but Im still giggling about the 2004 ALCS series and the Patriots 3 Super Bowl wins.
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that those who are obviously in pain today have to jump to another sport.

YOUR team got hammered, live with it.

Since you brought up the past...I cannot tell you how sweet it was in the 2004 series with the Yankees to hammer them 4 in a row and take the next 4 in a row to win the WS!!

Hey Paul, nice pic, thanks for the grin!!
  • Options
    What about.. hmmmmmmmmm.. Arod to the Sox ! Try and do a reverse Babe Ruth thing. (as if) Would THAT not be cool ? AROD goes to Boston ! haha
    Just please don't send the guy down south here to Florida anywhere. Boston and New York should just trade players back and forth to continue their suckness.
  • Options

<< <i>I'd say it sucks HUGE to be swept in the playoffs, especially for the Yankees, whose salary for 2012 was a whopping $195,998,000. The Tigers payroll was $119,276,000. Who got the better bang for buck? To be swept in postseason, scoring a paltry 6 runs, and having at least 30 LOBs, tells the story. Not since 1976 have they been swept like that. Brian Cashman didn't look too happy sitting amongst the Tiger fans, actually, he looked pretty pissed.

image >>

Agreed on that one regarding the salaries. That has got to be even more embarrassing spending that much money compared to other teams, and getting swept, by Detroit, in the playoffs. I agree with the Yankees being swept how they did was more sucky than the Sox having their year. At least the Sox anf fans get to hide during the playoffs, which is a good thing.