Home Sports Talk

Yankees look limp vs Tigers, what's going on?

So, is the Yankees pathetic showing vs the Tigers in the ALCS due to a team-wide moral dump after Jeter got hurt in Game 1, or are the Tigers so good that they make the Yankees look like garbage?
My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25

Comments

• detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭✭
    We are witnessing the Black Sox scandal of the 21st century. I can come up with no other possible explanation for what is going on. I thought maybe Raul was Shoeless Joe, but now I'm pretty convinced he's in on it too. Did you see Texiera playing first today? He's not even doing a good job of trying to hide it. Cano and Swisher are getting paid the most based on both their hitting and the way they have been mysteriously pulling their gloves away just as the ball is about to enter it.
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yankees look like garbage

Well, when you only score 5 runs in the first 3 games, yet have 30 LOBs, that pretty much sums it up. Game 4 now in the 7th inning, and another paltry showing by the Yankees, scoring only 1 run. Maybe if A-Rod wasn't trying to hussle chicks in the stands with a ball requesting their phone number, perhaps his "head" might have been more focused in the game, allowing him to contribute. Was happy to see him sit. From my perspective, I'm happy to see the "Bronx Bombers" skunked with one of the most pathetic efforts in recent memory. Yup, love seeing the Yankees go down. In the vernacular of my beloved New England, the Yankees wicked suck!!!

Yes, I am more than well aware that my team, Red Sox were dismal this year and looked pretty bad from mid-year on.

BTW, for your sake, I hope your Giants can stand the heat, you'll be heading to the Golden Gate bridge if they lose!! image GL the rest of the way.
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Tiger's almost had as many runs as the Yankee's had hits in the series. It was enjoyable. The Yankee's hate the Tiger's.............MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is whats going on.

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A song from the best rock and roll era...the 60s. And from one of the most underrated groups...The Beau Brummels.
    Dedicated to the Yankees...lovin' that you're dyin' today. imageimage

I can't stay, yes I know
    You know I hate to go
    But goodbye, love was sweet
    Our worlds can never meet

So I'll cry just a little 'cause I love you so
    And I'll die just a little 'cause I have to go
    Away

Can't you see how I feel
    When I say love's unreal
    But goodbye, it's been sweet
    Even though incomplete