Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Hello, Im new here

Hello, my name is Anthony and I'm new around here. I've been reading a lot of the forums for the last few weeks and decided to join. I quit collecting about 15 years ago but recently started back in it.I was forced to clean out my old collection and it has re sparked my interest.(mother got sick of storing them at her house lol) I was never really into psa graded cards but that's the way I've decided to go from now on. My favorite card as a kid was a 1950 bowman card that my grandfather gave me, so that's where I will start. I do have plenty of question but I will try to find the proper thread for them. Thank you all already for information I have gained here already before joining!
Thanks,
Anthony
Hello, I'm currently working on a 1950 bowman baseball set. Also collect Cincinnati Reds cards and rookies.

Comments

• ABellPharmDABellPharmD Posts: 181 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the board. Funny that you collect Bowman 1950 because I was just looking at my Hank Bauer #219 when I saw your post. It's a small world. Good luck with your set building.
    I collect Cal Ripken cards, T206, E95, E210, R319.
  • I catch myself staring at those beautiful cards all the time wishing I could have watched them play!
    Hello, I'm currently working on a 1950 bowman baseball set. Also collect Cincinnati Reds cards and rookies.
  • Welcome Anthony!!!
    The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound...That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Welcome,

Do you collect just baseball or do you do football or basketball too?
  • Well I have a huge collection of football and basketball cards raw. I think for now I'll be collecting graded baseball cards but who knows! I did set aside some Jordan cards and a few football to have graded .
  • jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Hello Anthony,

Welcome to the boards. A lot of great guys and knowledge around here.

I have about a 50% complete 1950 Bowman set that I was getting ready to sell. Not sure what your looking for but drop me a note and maybe I can help you out.

Jeff

jeff58@sbcglobal.net
  • Yeah I have read a lot here but don't wanna waste any stupid questions left. Thanks Jeff im very slowly collecting it as I'm only really purchasing as I sell off other stuff. Im getting rid of my basketball and football cards to buy these. What grade are most of your cards? It seems like most collect high end here. Im usually in the psa 5-7 price range lol
  • ABellPharmDABellPharmD Posts: 181 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yeah I have read a lot here but don't wanna waste any stupid questions left. Thanks Jeff im very slowly collecting it as I'm only really purchasing as I sell off other stuff. Im getting rid of my basketball and football cards to buy these. What grade are most of your cards? It seems like most collect high end here. Im usually in the psa 5-7 price range lol >>

There's nothing wrong with a psa 5 to 7 range if that's what you can afford and you enjoy them. That's the whole point. We all have different budgets and sure, wouldn't we all like to have all of our cards graded out at a 9 or 10, but just because we can't do that doesn't make the joy of collecting any less. Just stick to your goals and you'll be fine.
    I collect Cal Ripken cards, T206, E95, E210, R319.
  • There is something about those old cards that have the painted pictures! I forgot how much I love opening that pack (or package) and getting that new card! Thanks for the encouragement!
  • jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    ah1115,

I have about 60 cards from the set, almost all are psa 7. Send me your email and will send you a list.

Jeff

jeff58@sbcglobal.net
  • Thanks my email is ahardin11@gmail.com