Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My First TTM in over 20 years!!!

I don't believe I've sent off and received back a TTM autograph since around the 1990-91 timeframe, when I was in Jr. High, and those were a pair of 1989 Hoops Bulls cards I held onto for 20+ years and recently had PSA/DNA red flip slabbed during jsweiton's last group submission (one of them even graded GEM MT 10).

This is the only one I've ever sent since... I sent it in around the All-Star break this year... just received in my mail today!!!

Comments

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    wow that's fantastic; did you happen to notice where the postmark was from?

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Wow, that is a fantastic return WTG! Did you send that to the team or his home?
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    South Jersey, NJ

Guess he's going through his mail at his folks house while watching the playoffs image
  • Options

<< <i>Wow, that is a fantastic return WTG! Did you send that to the team or his home? >>

I sent it to the team.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Eric ... what an AWESOME return! I think you were smart to send it out at the All-Star break. Since he put up such great numbers this year I am sure MANY people have sent requests ... and my guess is that many are going to be disappointed.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    It's been over a year and half since I originally posted on this...

At the Chicago Sun Times show, and just picked it up from PSA. In the past, PSA has always been here to do autograph authentication... but this show, they were doing encapsulation too. I brought the card with me with the intention to take advantage of the current C.C. Special... but went this route instead.

Happy to have it cleared and safely sealed inside a PSA/DNA tomb!!!

• Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    very nice!!
  • Options
    Wow nice. I last tried that around 1994-1995 and got a bunch of Yankee rookies at the time, Mo, Jeter, Pettitte. Boy, I wish I still had them. I forgot the process. Can you refresh my memory? I might give it another shot. If I remember...a little note, the card and a self addressed stamped envelope? I remember checking my mail and the excitement of getting one back

Pete
    .Looking for ANY National Bank notes of Skaneateles, NY
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow nice. I last tried that around 1994-1995 and got a bunch of Yankee rookies at the time, Mo, Jeter, Pettitte. Boy, I wish I still had them. I forgot the process. Can you refresh my memory? I might give it another shot. If I remember...a little note, the card and a self addressed stamped envelope? I remember checking my mail and the excitement of getting one back

Pete >>

SASE, short note. I hadn't tried that since the early 90's either until last year. Sent an SASE and beat up RC to Chris Chelios care of the Red Wings and got it back it 2 weeks. Likely quicker in his case having the cushy gig instead of playing image
  • Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    I mail off cards to former Brewers as part of a project I'm working on. The note basically reads "Lifelong Brewers fan, this is my project, can you please sign the card(s) enclosed." Then I also ask them if they have time to tell me the best pitcher/hitter they've faced and the best teammate they played with. I also tell em "I hope you are doing well, and thank you for your time." I'd say you get a letter back 1-4 times.

I've gotten back close to 100 replies and there's another 20-30 still out there of guys that have high return percentages that I hope to get back soon. I don't send out high value cards, so pretty much it's a dollar gamble. Sportscollectors.net costs $15 for a year membership. Some guys charge, especially HOFers, but majority are free, Makes going to the mail pretty enjoyable, or at least negating the energy bill received during the coldest winter ever.