Home Sports Talk
Options

oh yeah, whoever won All Star game gets home field in W.S.

What an absolute joke. Baseball of all sports. Pinning value on an exhibition game

Comments

• Options
    Does it still count since the MVP juiced?
  • Options
    Why was it better to give it to each league every other year?

Perhaps we should have an eight game World Series with each team getting four home games
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought that the league with the best inter-league record would be more equitable then the present format. No way would the National League would ever agree to that though. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Perhaps we should have an eight game World Series with each team getting four home games >>

HUH???????????????????
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Why was it better to give it to each league every other year?

Perhaps we should have an eight game World Series with each team getting four home games >>

I like this idea, provided we move to aggregate scoring. Eight games, four at each stadium, and the team at the end who scored the most runs over the eight games is the winner. Tie-breaker goes to whichever team scored the most away runs.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Why was it better to give it to each league every other year?
    Perhaps we should have an eight game World Series with each team getting four home games >>

I like this idea, provided we move to aggregate scoring. Eight games, four at each stadium, and the team at the end who scored the most runs over the eight games is the winner. Tie-breaker goes to whichever team scored the most away runs. >>

Probably a good way to run a futbol league! lol
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I like this idea, provided we move to aggregate scoring. Eight games, four at each stadium, and the team at the end who scored the most runs over the eight games is the winner. Tie-breaker goes to whichever team scored the most away runs. >>

Joe Buck: "The Yanks and Cards are tied 1-1 here in the bottom of the 9th of Game 8, but the Cards lead in aggregate scoring 30-27. Raul Ibanez hits one deep to right field, and it's gone! A two-run homer! The Yankees win the game 3-1, but the Cards win the World Series! What the hell just happened here, Tim?"

Tim McCarver: "I'm not sure Joe, but one of the guys in the truck says that's the first time a player ever hit a home run that LOST a World Series!"

Joe Buck: "Game 8 has been brought to you by Budweiser. Go ahead and grab some Buds. Speaking of Buds, Bud Selig is down on the field looking very confused."
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>Does it still count since the MVP juiced? >>

How many runs did the AL score during that game?
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I like this idea, provided we move to aggregate scoring. Eight games, four at each stadium, and the team at the end who scored the most runs over the eight games is the winner. Tie-breaker goes to whichever team scored the most away runs. >>

Joe Buck: "The Yanks and Cards are tied 1-1 here in the bottom of the 9th of Game 8, but the Cards lead in aggregate scoring 30-27. Raul Ibanez hits one deep to right field, and it's gone! A two-run homer! The Yankees win the game 3-1, but the Cards win the World Series! What the hell just happened here, Tim?"

Tim McCarver: "I'm not sure Joe, but one of the guys in the truck says that's the first time a player ever hit a home run that LOST a World Series!"

Joe Buck: "Game 8 has been brought to you by Budweiser. Go ahead and grab some Buds. Speaking of Buds, Bud Selig is down on the field looking very confused." >>

Ha! Good point. That would be a problem. To fix it you'd probably have to have a 'bottomless' 9th inning, where the inning didn't end until the home team had either committed three outs or won on aggregate.
  • Options
    RoarIn84RoarIn84 Posts: 859 ✭✭
    Ibanez and the Yankees would be watching this from their mansions on their 100ft flatscreens. Poor Joe Buck and Tim McCarver having to come back to the city they hate so much. Why must they be rabid Cardinal fans??