Home Sports Talk
Options

The Inimitable Ibrahimovic

Just ran across this, and thought it was worth sharing. Do N.American sports leagues have anybody who compares to this guy? I've been thinking about it, and nobody immediately springs to mind.

Ibra!

Comments

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    We need more guys like that over here
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    Might not be far from the truth...

"I can play anywhere..."
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Might not be far from the truth...

"I can play anywhere..." >>

No doubt about it, he's a terrific player.
  • Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just ran across this, and thought it was worth sharing. Do N.American sports leagues have anybody who compares to this guy? I've been thinking about it, and nobody immediately springs to mind.

Ibra! >>

”My Siberian Husky? She’s all white. Beautiful blue eyes. That’s basically blonde girl with blue eyes. Your dream, man. My husky, basically, she’s a hot girl, man.”

“You know, I’m not afraid of anything. I’m afraid of bears — bears in the forest.” -- Ilya Bryzgalov, Flyers goalie, brushing off the idea that he could be intimidated by the Penguins in their upcoming NHL playoff series

Bryz on Russian Alcohol and Tigers: (Note: there is a picture of a tiger on the bottle of alcohol he is referencing) “Alcohol, cognac and lotsa mixture of the nature of the stuff. This is tiger! And like, less than like, probably 500 species on the Earth. China law, if you kill tiger like this? Death penalty. If you kill the tiger and they find you, you’re dead. That’s it.”

Bryzgalov began a long dissertation about the American space program versus the Soviet/Russian space program and which was superior. He noted that the first two animals in space were Russian dogs, which led to a strange exchange between Bryzgalov and a reporter about who had lost more monkeys in space -- the Americans or the Soviets/Russians. Bryzgalov conceded that too many monkeys had lost their lives in that vocation. "The problem with monkeys," Bryzgalov quipped, "they push the wrong buttons."

“Too old? Too Skilled”

You don't have to go to Amsterdam. We have lotsa mushrooms here in Philly

You know, I have many faces … masks. In home, I have one face. Public, I have other face. Uh …, on ice I have different face. Day off I have four face. With you I have fifth face.”

Mrs. Bryz: “So, Vlad got in trouble at school today for fighting, Ilya. You need to talk to him.”

Bryz: “Vlady, Vlady, Vlady. Why you so mad? Why you no juss be heppeh, smiling? Our problems teeny tineh in universe.”

Vlad: “He stuffed me in my locker and said mean things about you.”

Bryz: “So, he stuff you in locker. Locker better than Winnipeg!”

• Options
    That monkeys in space bit is a true classic. It almost makes me like the Flyers.

In the spirit of the thread, here are some dandies from Mario Balotelli:

Balotelli Stories
  • Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭
    One could also publish volumes on quotes from the Hull brothers.

Bugsy Watson would continually slash me so one night I faked a shot and just carved up Watson's face from his ear to his chin with my stick blade. And I did it without remorse. So Watson gets stitched up and comes back later when Pierre Pilote promptly boards him into the glass and opens him up again. He again goes back for stitches. He comes back out minutes later when Moose Vasko opens him up again with another facewash into the glass. Bugsy once again goes in for stitches and once again gets hit by Eric Nestorenko opening him yet again to which finally ended his night. After being asked if Watson was that bad a guy - I would not urinate into his ear if his brain was on fire.

There are always some good quotes floating around in tennis. Especially from Agassi and Roddick. Even a good one from a normally measured Federer

Interviewer: "After you had won Wimbledon, you were given a cow called Juliette when you returned to Switzerland. Is there another Juliette waiting for you?"
    Federer: "I hope not. By the way Juliette is expecting a calf."
    Interviewer: "Congratulations!"
    Federer: "Thanks, but I’m not the father."

-- Andy Roddick, when asked if he would be going with the sleeveless look made popular by Rafael Nadal and James Blake.
    No, if I wore a sleeveless shirt, people would try to feed me after the match. If you got the guns, I suppose go for it. I got two breadsticks sticking out of my sleeve."

Andre Agassi - to Roddick - ok kid, let's see whatcha got
    Roddick - hair

Pete is a step and a half slower.” (Greg Rusedski after losing to Pete Sampras in the US Open)
    “Against him I don’t need to be a step and a half quicker.” ( Pete Sampras responding to Greg Rusedski’s criticism – he went on to win the title

My feelings are Yevgeny Kafelnikov should take his prize money when he is done here and go and buy some perspective.” (Andre Agassi)

If Pete’s child is a girl, my son will like her; if he’s a boy, my son will defeat him.” (Andre Agassi)

"I can’t believe he is dumping me, his buddy for seven years, for a kid he’s never seen before.” (Paul Haarhuis on his doubles partner Jacco Eltingh flying home early from the US Open for the birth of his son)

The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall. - Mitch Hedberg

• Options
    Hiy a! Ibra pots four against England in a friendly. He may be crazy, but my God- what a finisher. The 4th goal is probably a near lock for goal of the year
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hiy a! Ibra pots four against England in a friendly. He may be crazy, but my God- what a finisher. The 4th goal is probably a near lock for goal of the year >>

The one goal that he trapped the ball against his chest was sick as well. The 4th goal bicycle kick insanity.

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......