Home Sports Talk
Options

Dog Racing---Not surprised; but still shocking

Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
Saw some footage of the behind the scenes stuff that takes place with the Greyhounds. I was watching about a famous track in Arizona. Honestly.....I always wanted to see a race.................not anymore. They wouldn't get a penny of my money for the crap treatment of the dogs. Housed in these cages in total darkness. Not quite sure why this is going on in our own backyard.

Just to add............A greyhound/whippet is an unbelievable athlete; but some of the sweetest dogs as pets.

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed as well. Just plain bad 'entertainment'.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I worked with a guy who adopted and fostered retired racing Greyhounds. He said they are treated horribly. People would truck them up to the midwest from Florida inside the back of a box truck without letting any of them out. Truck was full of dog waste. Very bad.
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me throw this into the "dog mix"...Michael I electrocute and torture dogs to death Vick now owns a dog!!!

I live in Atlanta and had more exposure to this sick story than I can tell you. And no, I ain't buyin' "he paid his debt to society"...I doubt those dogs he murdered in an unthinkable, and brutally painful way would buy that crap. Vick, to me is and will always be nothing but a POS.

People who abuse any animal in any way, should be put away for a long, long time.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Let me throw this into the "dog mix"...Michael I electrocute and torture dogs to death Vick now owns a dog!!!

I live in Atlanta and had more exposure to this sick story than I can tell you. And no, I ain't buyin' "he paid his debt to society"...I doubt those dogs he murdered in an unthinkable, and brutally painful way would buy that crap. Vick, to me is and will always be nothing but a POS.

People who abuse any animal in any way, should be put away for a long, long time. >>

Preaching to the choir brother, Amen...........MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    There were 2 race horses talking about how great their racing careers were. One horse said he won his last 3 races. The other horse said he won his last 4 races and was in the money 9 out of 10 times. A greyhound was listening on their conversation. He finally said I never lost, I won 30 races in a row. Both horses mouths just dropped. They just couldn't talk. Finally one of them said A TALKING DOG!