Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Has anyone ever thought about a mint error registry set?

The required coins would be DDOs and one coin struck on a different planchet, offcenters, etc...

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
-Laura Swenson

In memory of BL, SM, and KG. 16 and forever young, rest in peace.

Comments

• supercoinsupercoin Posts: 2,323
    Yes, unfortunately the guy who was trying to figure out a way to weight the myriad possibilities within the current system had a brain overload and died of a ruptured aneurysm.

Another life that could have been saved by market-price weighting.
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you market price weigh? What if a coin sells for $990, while another in the same grade sells for $35, how do you weigh it?

PCGS does a poor enough job just certifying these types of coins, it will be a while before they can create a registry set.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • RampageRampage Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭✭
    PCGS does a good job on certifying major mint errors in my opinion, only they are too expensive. But, that is because they have to pay one of the big boys in the business to certify what they are. As for DDO/DDR, I have no opinion, as the only DDO I had ever sent in was the 1995 DDO. I sent in 20 of them back in 1996 aftyer finding them in a mint sealed bag. I still have five more to send in. I wanbt to see what the grades would be now after a few years. Need to see if they are harder or lighter! Might even crack one of the green holders to see what it comes back as.
  • sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    You can already register off planchet coins in the "regular" sets. Just do one yourself :>