Home Sports Talk
Options

Cardinals come back - AGAIN! What a game last night!

frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know there are not too many Cardinals fans on these boards, but last night was something special. I can hardly believe that they did it AGAIN! The only way that it could've been a better game would be if it had been a World Series game. Last years game 6 was the greatest game I have ever seen. Last night ranks right up there.

The Cardinals last night came back from the largest deficit to win an elimination game in BASEBALL HISTORY! What we saw last night had never been done before. Washington had a great year. The fans last night were SO into the game. The Cardinals silenced them very quickly. What a game!

Shane

Comments

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I lost most of my voice there with that game. Been following the Cardinals since 1982 when I was just 7 at the time. A local in the town of 1,000 on the team at that time was Dane Iorg. It was tough to watch losing in few game 7s and the weird injuries that would pop up in the playoffs and now it just seems that things break the right way here in the last year. I sure hope to win the NLCS. I live in Northern California and there are Giants fans everywhere. I still remember clearly the one flap down with Jeffrey Leonard, the cow town comments, and the fight at secondbase with Ozzie. Go Cards!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Cards and Giants both engineered some impressive comebacks to win their respective series.

2010 World Champs vs 2011 World Champs in the NLCS. Sounds epic. image
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. I was 7 in 1982 as well. I remember watching the World Series, and my dad made me go to bed towards the end of Game 7. I had just started keeping up with it and I was really wanted to stay up and watch it, but it was a school night and I had a strict bedtime. I remember my dad coming into my bedroom telling me that the Cardinals had won. I won't ever forget that. Of course, I still take a jab at my dad every now and then about making me go to bed during Game 7

Yes, I too look forward to the Cardinal and Giants series. I think it is neat that we have 4 teams left that have such rich tradition. There is a lot of history with these 4 teams.

Shane

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw the look on the faces of the Nats players when the Cards tied the game. They knew they were beat.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    I understand why Storen was left out there but was there really no one else left to pitch? Why not have anybody somebody up, even a starter just in case Storen didn't have enough in his tank to finish? Pretty obvious when he began missing his catcher's target that he was on vapors. Has Johnson lost it or is he just a Rizzo puppet?

to Brick:

Yeah they stopped showing that kid after the Cards went ahead. Heck if I were him, I'd be sobbing in my glove or my dad's shoulder, too. I felt sorry for him.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send the thank you card to the Washington Nationals Management
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least Strasburg will be well rested for opening Day..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is the idiot at Washington that made the decision to rest their best pitcher!!!!

What an idiot!!