Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Set Registry question

miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hello,

I am relatively new at this so please excuse any ignorance; for sets registered on the PSA registry list where the set owner includes their contact/email info, is it considered acceptable practice to initiate contact with that person if you see that the are missing a specific item on their registry that you happen to have in high PSA grade and available for sale, or, does sales solicitation like that go against rules, policy, or general courtesy? My instinct was that if someone includes their contact info, that would be one of the reasons why they had chosen to do so, but I don't want to guess wrong on that and break any user rules.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Comments

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Thats the reason why people include it. I always appreciate offers for cards I need, what I don't appreciate is spam about cards I need that are being offered on ebay or in an auction house. Direct sales are fine.

PS Welcome to the boards!

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Those of us addicted to the Registry would welcome offers................at least I would!

Welcome to the boards from me as well!

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    cards651cards651 Posts: 665 ✭✭
    I have lots of sets and I appreciate when someone contacts me with a card that I need. HOWEVER, I always expect that a person who contacts me provides their asking price in the initial (that means FIRST) e-mail. There are tons and tons of people fishing for buyers and I do not have the time for the constant back and forth. Also, as you probably know, there are many low pop PSA graded cards that can go for $.99 when the second bidder does not show up. When the second bidder shows up, the same card can easily go for $100. So what is the card truly worth? I have no idea. And I will not spend my valuable time haggling over it. Hopefully, the message is clear - provide the asking price. Sorry for the long reply but hopes this helps a bit. - Kevin M.