Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Free submissions recent experience

I know there is no guaranteed turn times on free subs but I wanted to share my most recent experience. I shipped two orders in the same box (both free subs) and got an email saying received on 10/4/12. I just checked my email and was notified my grades were available as of 10/9/12! While the orders have not been marked as shipped yet and the grades have not shown up on the pop report I am VERY pleased to know the results after just leaving my hands some 12 days ago!! I was confident that all of the 1980 cards I sent were of 8 or 9 quality though I must confess I wasn't very optimistic about getting any high grades as--after all-- this was just a free sub, I'm not a ebay power seller, my membership has long expired and I have only had a few submissions to date. Pleasantly surprised, I got one 7, 34-8s, one 8.5, 4-9 qualifiers, 31-9s and 4-10s which are the first I've ever received including one that WAS a 1 of 1 but now a 1 of 2 (coincidentally I own both). Two of the 8s I got were for the tough #597 Poquette "yellow name" variation that WAS a 1 of 1 with no 9s or 10s! Thanks PSA!!image
1959 Topps baseball registry (master and basic)
1980 Topps baseball registry (master and basic x 3)
1975 Topps baseball registry

Comments

• StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great Job on those grades PM! image

Now as a fellow 1980 Topps baseball collector, would you like to sell your 1 or 2 since you own both of them, and would you like to sell 1 of your #597's?

Best of luck with your set.

Paul.

Later, Paul.

• << <i>Great Job on those grades PM! image

Now as a fellow 1980 Topps baseball collector, would you like to sell your 1 or 2 since you own both of them, and would you like to sell 1 of your #597's?

Best of luck with your set.

Paul. >>

Thanks, Paul! I will probably throw one of the 439 Phillips 10s on ebay and not sure about the Poquette. I will post later under the 1980 thread when I get the cards in hand. BTW, today the grades were reflected on the pop report but not marked as shipped yet which is fine by me. I had some trades in the works but since I got some excellent grades of the cards I REALLY wanted or needed I don't need as many as I used to. Now that I know what I'm getting I can try some different angles.
  • Sorry to bother you, but I am still new to the grading aspect. How did you get FREE submissions?

Thanks for your time,
    Chris
    I only need 18 cards to complete the Don Mattingly Master collection. Help would be great!
  • Free Submissions. We recognize that not every item in every important collection has been graded by PSA. In order to encourage participation in the PSA Set Registry program when your set reaches 90% complete, you are entitled free grading as follows.

If the set composition is 1-50 cards or tickets you are entitled to 1 free grading.
    If the set composition is 51-150 cards or tickets you are entitled to 2 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 151-300 cards or tickets you are entitled to 3 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 301-750 cards or tickets you are entitled to 5 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 751-1500 cards or tickets you are entitled to 6 free gradings.
    If the set composition is over 1500 cards or tickets you are entitled to 7 free gradings.

If you don't have any sets over 90% or are new to PSA the only way to get free subs is to join and you will get a few for becoming a new member. This is the way to go if you are planning to submit your own cards as you will get a better rate when "specials" come along. Good luck!

• mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
    I had 35 free gradings from my '63 set and they popped yesterday after only three days. It actually took three times longer for the sub to be logged than graded.
  • Thanks for the help!
    I only need 18 cards to complete the Don Mattingly Master collection. Help would be great!