Home Sports Talk

Did Mark Gastineau and Billy White Shoes Johnson start all the excessive celebrations ?

Was there any others who did it before Gastineau and White Shoes ?

I remember Gastineau with his sack dance, and White Shoes with his MC Hammer celebrations.

Was there anyone else back in the day ?

I don't even believe Hollywood Henderson did this kind of stuff.

Comments

• calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Johnson's end zone dancing was legendary and needed to be seen to be believed . I haven't seen his "stuff " in years but will always remember . I hope someone might be able some video .---- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even Gastineau's own teammates couldn't stand his histrionics though they were quite entertaining, LOL..

Jet fans never forgave him for that personal foul in the double OT playoff game vs Cleveland in '86 either.

Best call of all time by an official vs Gastineau: "Personal foul, #99, givin' him the business.." LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To that point: here's a great clip of Gastineau getting a sack, his ridiculous sack dance, and one of his teammates getting pissed at him:

Gastineau Sack Dance

Tabe