Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1969S Proof Quarter Type H

Does anyone know what a 1969S Proof Quarter Type H is??
Is it scarce??

I've heard of Type B & Type C but not Type H

TIA

Harvey

Comments

• Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    Probably a Type-O.

• Options
    1969 S type H is correct according to the CPG. It looks very much like a type B and was undoubtly made from type B artwok. But it has one minor difference. The centers of the tailfeathers have raised lines like the other clad quarters of that period.

As far as I know 1969 S only comes in the Type B-like type H.
  • Options
    Now, if you could find a 1969 D type H (which exist), that would be noteworthy.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Now, if you could find a 1969 D type H (which exist), that would be noteworthy. >>

Correct Herb.

The money winners for the Type H Reverse is the 69D, 70D, 71D, and 72D Business Strike Washington's. Unfortunately, some sellers are trying to capitalize on the Type H Reverse "name" and are trying to sell their proof quarters with the "implication" that they are special when in reality, they are supposed to have the Type H reverse.

For Washington Proofs of those years, a reverse other then the Type H would be interesting (and rare)!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

Is the Type H similar to the Tybe B but on the 1969D-1972D business strike quarters??
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is the Type H similar to the Tybe B but on the 1969D-1972D business strike quarters?? >>

Yes. "Type H" is for the specific reverse design with designs being title Type A throguh Type H.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And here I thought it was German for Type B-natural.
  • Options
    ttt - For the interest of new members.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file