Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Autographs
Options

F/S: Roger Waters signed pick guard. PSA/DNA

I have an autographed pick guard signed by Roger Waters (bass player from Pink Floyd) for sale. This is one of those items that they throw on a cheap guitar and ask $500 for. I took it off the junk guitar and displayed it alone in a frame. I am not sure if it will fit onto another guitar other than those cheap ones they put it on originally. It displays nicely as is. There are a few scratches, but nothing that deters the appearance of the autograph. Its hard to see them against the white gloss on the guard and once it is framed, its even harder to see.

I am asking $125.00 for this which includes secured delivery. I have plenty of references from the sports card forum that I can provide. Please PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks, Bob

Comments

• Options
    Not the Waters signatures I have. R.E. papers?

Eric
  • Options

<< <i>Not the Waters signatures I have. R.E. papers?

Eric >>

Ahh, I see the damage from the PSA/DNA sticker - I'll pass surely! I don't know anyone who would allow their items to be so "marked" by such a plague ridden company. Here is mine signed after show, July 31st, 1984 to Stephanie in Montreal. eBay, $30 image Rather different looking, no? I don't think yours is signed by Waters - sorry.

Eric

• Options
    Hi,

Can you show me other examples where the "o" and "g" in "Roger" are composed of the same letter with no suggestion of the letters afterward? This also looks quite drawn and hesitant, especially ALL the starts and stops in what should be a very fluid "R" for starters.

Best,
    Eric
  • Options
    Hi,

So I see about 8 starts/stops in the "R" alone - why do you think this is genuine? Please, don't say the little sticker...

This has papers as well - think it is real? WHY would waters signed a Gilmour Floyd video he objected to and it not even in nor was he a legal member of the Floyd anymore? Notice the combined "o" and "g" - unlike anything other than yours. Gilmour is clearly a forgery.
    Text

Best wishes,
    Eric
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will provide better scans and close-ups of the auto. for anybody interested. Also, I have the PSA/DNA paperwork that was provided when I purchased it.

Please PM me any concerns or questions, as I don't check this forum very often.
  • Options
    double post - sorry
  • Options

<< <i>I will provide better scans and close-ups of the auto. for anybody interested. Also, I have the PSA/DNA paperwork that was provided when I purchased it.

Please PM me any concerns or questions, as I don't check this forum very often. (I know I mentioned that in my original post, but I guess Eric missed that)...4 times. >>

Hi. I missed nothing. 95% of people post here for free publicity for an auction of item and never return, and 90% of collectors rarely post as well so I was talking to myself trying to keep these boards alive. You should not take it so personally when an autograph is questioned. Your signature has many hallmarks of an odd piece from the image you provided. Post a good scan of the Waters and we can discuss the starts and stops in his first name. The item I linked too is also certified - but that is obviously not genuine so the stickers don't carry much weight with me or many others. Perhaps you do not authenticate yourself? I don't know. But relying on papers...

Besides, it is my honest opinion with 12 years buying and selling experience with Garland, Leigh, Lugosi etc. - how can it be unethical or mean spirited?

Best wishes,
    Eric