Home Sports Talk
Options

Medlen for the Braves....oh my goodness

Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
This guy has had 12 straight fantastic starts. I just looked at his stats and felt silly that I follow baseball and have never heard of the guy. Has anyone followed this guy? He's trying to impersonate Gibson and Koufax.

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is impressive especially when you factor in he couldn't break a pane of glass with his fastball. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    had him on my fantasy squad, he had a unreal season, finished as a top 10 pitcher (literally)
  • Options
    According to wikipedia:

<< <i>On Sept. 30, 2012, Medlen led the Braves to their 23rd consecutive victory in games that he started, as they beat the Mets, 6-2. Medlen pitched 6 Innings, allowing 3 hits, 1 walk and 1 unearned run, while striking out 4. [22] This established a new major league record in that category, according to mlb.com. >>

Even though his season was 10-1, still posted impressive states with a 1.57 era. Although he was put down in the post season game by the Cards.