Home Sports Talk

YANKS TAKE DIVISION!

MattyCMattyC Posts: 1,335 ✭✭
Wow. Who would've thought it would take 162 games to wrestle the crown safely from the grasp of hungry Baltimore. What the O's did this year in one run games and extra inning games has been incredibly fun to follow.

This Yankee team has some gaping holes, but what team doesn't. A-rod has become a .270 singles hitter, Martin's bat is a joke, Granderson, Tex, and Swisher tend to vanish against premier pitching, and all K way, way too much. I am sure we will miss Mo soon very badly; can Soriano deliver in serious crunchtime? Will the starters hold us in the games when the lineup can't go long off the likes of a Verlander? Time will tell. If Cano stays hot, CC pitches like a major ace, Suziki keeps his old mojo, and Jeter gets on base, we could make a run.

Also, after having the Red Sox as such intense rivals especially since 2004, and having those games give me fits, and having to deal with my several Sox fan buddies killing me every time they'd win, I have to say I like "the rivalry" much better the way it's been-- or more accurately hasn't-- these last two years. To think when they landed Agon and Crawford, they seemed like a dynastic super-team. I can definitely wait in peace a few more years before those nail-bitingly intense Sox-Yanks games return.

Excited to see how this new format plays out!

Comments

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Someone once said rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for Brad Pitt to get the girl.
    Capecards
  • MattyCMattyC Posts: 1,335 ✭✭
    Perhaps but if you're born and raised in the actual city (after the Dodgers and Giants left pf course) you only have two choices. And the Mets are also blessed with a big market and ample resources. But then again money does not mean championships, as evinced by the Yankees in all the years they don't win and the Sox these last two years, as well as this year's Angels. These current Halos looked on paper as much as Brad Pitt as any team in a while. Same for that sick Sox lineup with Crawford, Pedroia, Ellsbury, Ortiz, and Agon. And these latest Dodgers seemed so very strong after taking on those big money players.
    So I think money is huge but it still has to get done on the field, and as we've seen so many of these brad Pitt teams didn't even make it to the playoffs this year.