Home Sports Talk
Options

Major league team historic 40 man roster players?

digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
Anyone know of a good resource that lists out the guys who have spent time on a major league 40 man roster, even if they never played for the team they were on the 40 man roster of?

Specifically, I'm looking for SF Giants info. Their website only has data going back to 2000.
My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25

Comments

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    There's a list of them here, but it's probably not complete.
    link
  • Options
    Thanks for the resource, I got one guy's name off it.

However, I'm not just looking for guys who are on the active (25 man) roster and never played, I'm also looking for the minor leaguers that are added to the 40 man roster (for rule 5 protection, for instance) but never get called up.

• Options
    bump

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    A few sources that I can suggest are team media giudes,early season yearbooks,red american league books,green national league books.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options

<< <i>A few sources that I can suggest are team media giudes,early season yearbooks,red american league books,green national league books. >>

Thanks for the info. Do you happen to have any of these Green Books from the 90s?

I have a bunch of year books, but they don't always list the players, and when they do they list everyone, plus the spring training invites w/o designation.