Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

interesting for discussion and subjectivity/objectivity - laws for items in likeness to our coinage

LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
I started here at ebay stamps, currency and coins policy per a discussion at a coin show today about counterfeits that evolved briefly to what ebay.com and ebay.ca will allow in the way of copy/replica coins and I was/am under the impression ALL copy/replica stamped as such or otherwise were completely banned vis-à-vis ebay. We were appreciating Canada's zero tolerance on the undermining of their currency via copy/replica/tokens/likeness etc etc and it seems to me we are inching our way in that direction, hopefully.

secret service on money

"With few exceptions, existing law generally prohibits the manufacture, sale or use of any token, disk or device in the likeness or similitude of any coins of the United States, or of any foreign country, which are issued as money. "

i sure can think of a couple of things that sure seem to me to fall into that quote.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file