Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Another scammer to add to your blocked list

ftrarecoins

Has private feedback. This loser bought a graded card from me last week. Same day he won the auction, he emailed me not once, but twice asking for positive feedback. Right then, I had a hutch he was up to no good. Then when he recieved the card, got an email saying he wanted either a refund or partial refund because the case is cracked. The case wasnt cracked and there was no way it couldve got cracked during transit because I always stuff my packages with plenty of packing and cardboard.

Comments

• Options
    Ask him to take a picture of the item and send it to you to verify. That happened to me once and I was astonished that to hear they get cracked so easily. The buyer sent me pictures and it was my item. Card was dented too. So I did not believe he was scamming cause he ruined the card if that was his intention. But it was legit.
  • Options

<< <i>Ask him to take a picture of the item and send it to you to verify. That happened to me once and I was astonished that to hear they get cracked so easily. The buyer sent me pictures and it was my item. Card was dented too. So I did not believe he was scamming cause he ruined the card if that was his intention. But it was legit. >>

I dont see how that will do any good? Just going by his actions before he even got the card indicates to me he was going to pull something. Must be a good reason why his feedback is private. If the case is damaged, he did it himself.
  • Options
    People are strange. i admit. I have people ask where their item is a day after they bought the item. Weirder and longer stories. Is it an expensive item, I would want to see validation at least. I asked for it and it was only a $10 card.
  • Options
    It does seem odd that he was emailing you the same day asking for positive feedback. That's an awful eager beaver. I think you're right, in that he's not being honest but I'd still ask for a pic just to see what he does.
    I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!
  • Options
    You could always offer a full refund upon receipt of the card back. If he asks for postage, agree to pay him AFTER it is received.
    I'm building a 1968 and a 1970 Topps set. I have lots of 1970s and 1960s to offer in trade.