Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How is this blatant shill bidding allowed? (PSA 10 Jordan RC)

Let me start out by saying that I was already thoroughly convinced that shill bidding is now allowed on eBay before this seller came along. This clown has done nothing but reinforce that belief. Check out this PSA 10 '86 Jordan:

Jordan Auction #2

It sold 2 days ago for $7977.77 to _***4, a zero feedback bidder who apparently loves bidding in and winning this guy's auctions without paying for them

This same 'bidder' also won this auction...

'73 Ryan

...which is sure to be up again soon.

And the fun continues! Same 'bidder' also won this auction...

Ashburn #2

Only problem is that it already 'sold' already several weeks earlier:

Ashburn #1

That only makes me believe he's working with multiple shill accounts.

There are other blatant instances to point to, but you get the point. I've reported this guy several times and eBay has done absolutely nothing. Sadly I've seen instances of shill bidding that were at bad or worse that I've also reported with no results. What other conclusion can I come to? Shilling is now allowed and maybe even encouraged on eBay. Have at it unscrupulous sellers. image
"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."

Comments

• Options
    Has to be expensive to keep winning your own auctions. May not pay with it in cash, but definitely in loss of future bidders. People take notice when the same cards pops up twice within a few weeks
    Go Army, Beat Navy!