Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

When does the Mint sop making the $5 Star Spangle Banner?

Does anyone know when the mint will stop minting the gold $5 Star Spangle Banner coin? Mintage is very low at this stage of the game.

Comments

• Options
    I don't know when but they could still strike it within 2012.
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86
  • Options
    It would be logical to me that they will stop at the end of 2012. Last I looked, the BU coin was a little more than 4000. I have my eye on one,but wanted to wait later in the year to see if there was a run on them. Last year picked up both the Army and MOH $5 golds because of the 8k mintage on the BU's. Are any of you speculating on this coin as well?
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't the Commemorative's normally run till the end of the year to get in on the Holiday shopping as a last chance item?

• Options

<< <i>Does anyone know when the mint will stop minting the gold $5 Star Spangle Banner coin? Mintage is very low at this stage of the game. >>

The last day to purchase products in the Star-Spangled Banner Commemorative Coin Program, Infantry Soldier Silver Dollar Program and September 11 National Medal Program is Monday, December 17, 2012. Orders must be received by 5 p.m. Eastern Time to be accepted.

• Options
    alohagaryalohagary Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭✭
    where do you find the information on the deadline

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file