Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Can someone at PCGS please fix the message board search feature? Update: it works now

I appreciate the opportunity we have to post here. However, sometimes I'd like to go back to an old thread to find a bit of information, and these days when I use the advanced search, all I get is an error message. I think it has been broken for several months now.

Thanks in advance.
Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.

Comments

• determineddetermined Posts: 771 ✭✭✭
    I agree, there's are a lot of forum functions that need updating.

But for now try using Google in Advanced mode. Enter your search terms then under "site or domain:" enter "forums.collectors.com". You will get a lot of entries. If you can get creative with your search terms that helps limit the number of hits you get. It's not perfect but it's something.
    I collect history in the form of coins.
  • MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭
    You must not be using IE. It works with IE (or did), but I ditched IE years ago....still have a version but it's a pain to dredge it up.

Methinks FuseTalk is extremely long in the tooth as far as compatibility .... last copyright was in 2002.

Edited to add: The SEARCH function still works using IE8, but "Preview" does not.
  • wybritwybrit Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭
    It seems to be working now. Thanks to the person who did fix it!
  • MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭
    It's been working for about 6 months...................glad to see you have woke up from your nap, Rip VanWyBrit. image

• element159element159 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭
    Yes, use google but add site:forums.collectors.com. That trick works for other message boards that also have not-so-good search functions too.
  • wybritwybrit Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭
    It's been working for about 6 months...................glad to see you have woke up from your nap

I know, but I saw this old thread in one of my searches yesterday and thought I would at least acknowledge the person who fixed it.