Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New look label for Secure Plus

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone seen this Secure+ label?
It's new to me.

Comments

• Options
    Just got a few world coins back yesterday and they came with these new labels.
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone seen this Secure+ label?
    It's new to me. >>

Yep, I have seen those. I think the PCGS office in Paris issued this type of label.

• Options

<< <i>Just got a few world coins back yesterday and they came with these new labels. >>

ops, my thought is incorrect, lol
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone seen this Secure+ label? >>

yes.
    there have been some posted recently on this forum but only in a couple threads

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My last batch came back with this label. I like them.

Here's one of them (originally purchased as just a 1903-S without the designation in the auction description or title and then subsequently sent to PCGS by me):

peacockcoins

• Options

<< <i>My last batch came back with this label. I like them.

Here's one of them (originally purchased as just a 1903-S without the designation in the auction description or title and then subsequently sent to PCGS by me):

image >>

Thanks for the nice image braddick...I like it too.
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post removed because I was half-asleep and not paying close emough attention.
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    While I like it I thought the Metallic dark blue looked richer and higher end. The only problem was they were not super apparent at a glance from plain Jane slabs
  • Options
    stealerstealer Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>While I like it I thought the Metallic dark blue looked richer and higher end. The only problem was they were not super apparent at a glance from plain Jane slabs >>

I agree. It seems less professional with the color shift. PCGS should just stop changing the dadgum slab inserts...
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks nice. I'd call it an improvement over the "PCGS SECURE" microprinted version from the legibility standpoint. The barcode probably works better with this version, too.
  • Options
    What a headache! I really don't like to see my collection splited into different label designs.
  • Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    for a few dollars more you can probably get the new "I dont want my labels split" label
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The two shaded insert makes it tougher for the counterfeiter.
    A white insert with black font is simple to duplicate.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I am going to have to send all my other secure plus slabs in to be reholdered.. set consistency is very important to me.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must say that aesthetics are indeed important to me. Unlike Baley, I do not plan to send all of my SP slabs to be reholdered image , but I plan to make SP my standard submission option going forward.

Now, if they could only do something to blend the attributes of the Old Green Holder and the Secure Plus technology, PCGS could really have a lot of ryk's children's inheritance money. image
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    I am not sure what this newest label has different from the older Secure Plus label. I think you are saying the ID# and bar codes are stronger, but what about the entire background is different?
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options

<< <i>I am not sure what this newest label has different from the older Secure Plus label. I think you are saying the ID# and bar codes are stronger, but what about the entire background is different? >>

Previous label was solid blue.
    As you can see the new label is blue and transitions to white at the barcode.
  • Options

<< <i>Gorgeous Colombian, couldn't give a rats arse about the holder or it's changes. Just expect more changes in the future for those who must have matching plastic holders. >>

Thanks Realone....still waiting on the TrueView from Phil.

On another note, its got to be difficult to collect coins with exact PCGS labels over the long run.
  • Options
    I'm surprised they have not yet added a bar through the label like they do the large bills.
    Winner of the "You Suck!" award March 17, 2010 by LanLord, doh, 123cents and Bear.
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    A few of us looked all over the bourse at the Portland Coin Show these past two days, trying to see what might be different in the newest Secure Plus label. Never noticed any label with the blue fading into white at the bottom. What we noticed was that some of the labels had a darker gold on the right side of the shield. These labels also appeared to have the bar code raised up a little, so the bar code was entirely exposed.

Any thoughts?
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    >>>Now I am going to have to send all my other secure plus slabs in to be reholdered.. set consistency is very important to me. <<<

Baley........you ARE kidding!! RIGHT!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file