Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Andre Dawson 1977 Topps PSA 9 OC - Review?

MINT 9: Mint
A PSA Mint 9 is a superb condition card that exhibits only one of the following minor flaws: a very slight wax stain on reverse, a minor printing imperfection or slightly off-white borders. Centering must be approximately 60/40 to 65/35 or better on the front and 90/10 or better on the reverse.

Does the centering on this card fit those standards? Should it be sent back in for a review? If so, should I crack it or just send it as is. What would you say is the best case and worse case for it? I appreciate any and all opinions! (Anyone have a clue how old the flip is?)

Thanks
Craig

Comments

• Options
    Top/Bottom is what put that card in that grade. Very old slab BTW...

In my opinion, review will keep it in that grade. crack and resub may very well keep it in that grade as well...
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OC T/B...not worth reviewing, imo..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Loyalty32Loyalty32 Posts: 497 ✭✭✭
    I appreciate the info!

Thanks
    Craig
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice card, I just don't think there's anyway that never comes back anything other than OC though.
    Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    PSA 7 image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think if you cracked and resubbed it you might get an 8 because of the heavy tilt and low centering.

The corners look nice and sharp and I'm guessing it has a clean surface as indicated by the "9" part of the current grade. >>

bubblegirl sounds right
    Work hard and you will succeed!!