Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PAYPAL shipping-- A little help please

I did my 1st PAYPAL shipping labels the other day. Everything seems fine but I did have a few questions...

1. I bought the 2 labels per page that are stickers...when I printed the label it was fine but printed the receipt through the rest of the page and on the other sticker//basically ruining the other label======Do I even need this receipt; because doesn't it have the receipt on paypal?

2. Do I need to wait in line at the post office or can I just drop them in the box at the USPS? Basically all bubble wrap envelopes with 1 PSA card inside.

3. Any issues with the post office not scanning the DC when just dropped off at the USPS?

4. Can I print paypal postage for someone who purchased a card off line and is paying by Money Order?

Thanks folks and have a great weekend.

Mickey71

Comments

• Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    1. I bought the 2 labels per page that are stickers...when I printed the label it was fine but printed the receipt through the rest of the page and on the other sticker//basically ruining the other label======Do I even need this receipt; because doesn't it have the receipt on paypal?

You don't need the receipt, it's already saved in Paypal. You'd only keep it if you wanted a hard-copy for your long-term records. As for the 2 label sheets you're using, there's probably an easier way, but when I've used those, I've taped a half-sheet of paper to cover the top label so it didn't get printed on.

2. Do I need to wait in line at the post office or can I just drop them in the box at the USPS?

Nope. Just put them in the box. The USPS is SUPPOSED to scan them in when the box gets emptied.

3. Any issues with the post office not scanning the DC when just dropped off at the USPS?

Not in my area. However, the little USPS desks inside grocery stores sometimes won't scan items, so I avoid those.

4. Can I print paypal postage for someone who purchased a card off line and is paying by Money Order?

YES. I do it all the time. You can use this link to do it: Link to blank shipping label on Paypal.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the quick responses.
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    also

make sure the shipping weight is 100% correct that influences the final shipping cost.
    for some reason my scale doesn't always match the P O and I have to pay more.
    (they pound on the scale all the time with rubber stamps....hmmmmmmm)

My p o knows me and just says I owe .20 or so. but could hold up a package in your area.

your p o might just send it hrough and not check weight. in that case u can just drop off/or even have the mailman PU.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    There is an easier way rather than taping a pieces of paper over the other sticker. It took some digging to find, but this should work:

When you use PayPal Shipping to print a U.S. Postal Service label, you can also print the label receipt and instructions. You can turn this feature on or off in your Profile.

Go to the PayPal website and log in to your account.
    Click "Profile" at the top of the page.
    Click the "Shipping Preferences" link.
    Click "Edit Printer Settings."
    If you do not wish for the receipt to print, make sure the "Print Receipt" box is unchecked.
    I'm building a 1968 and a 1970 Topps set. I have lots of 1970s and 1960s to offer in trade.
  • Options

<< <i>Do I need to wait in line at the post office or can I just drop them in the box at the USPS? Basically all bubble wrap envelopes with 1 PSA card inside. >>

You don't even need to go to the post office. You can just leave the packages in your mailbox and put the flag up.
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There is an easier way rather than taping a pieces of paper over the other sticker. It took some digging to find, but this should work:

When you use PayPal Shipping to print a U.S. Postal Service label, you can also print the label receipt and instructions. You can turn this feature on or off in your Profile.

Go to the PayPal website and log in to your account.
    Click "Profile" at the top of the page.
    Click the "Shipping Preferences" link.
    Click "Edit Printer Settings."
    If you do not wish for the receipt to print, make sure the "Print Receipt" box is unchecked. >>

SWEET!!! found it thank you.

Joe
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone please explain how to get to the part where I can print postage for a person who paid money order. The link did not work.

• Options
    Once you're logged into your paypal go to paypal.com/shipnow This will take you to the screen where you can create labels for whoever you please.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>Can someone please explain how to get to the part where I can print postage for a person who paid money order. The link did not work. >>

whoops. I fixed the link.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25