Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>platinum eagle for 120$ >>

"layered"

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

They sold 3 already fast. Looks like 3 people thought it was a real platinum eagle and pounced. maybe if we report it their sales will get reversed?

too late its endedimage
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The images seem to be real. Nothing else seems to be, however.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake, yes, but the apologists will defend it to the death!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    I'm getting the "new" ebay page. It doesn't show if and how many others were sold. The old page showed "X sold."

edited: just checked his completed sales, looks like he's listing them individually. He'll be back, he's got a good thing going. If you look at the first one he sold it's a cheap copy coin, for the rest of them he switched to a pic of an actual APE. 14 day return for anyone that get's a replica.

• Options
    I dont see where there's 3 been sold either , i see the seller has a feedback of 3 but thats for a legalize weed ballcap and some bling purchased and ones a negative positive for non payment.
  • Options

<< <i>I dont see where there's 3 been sold either , i see the seller has a feedback of 3 but thats for a legalize weed ballcap and some bling purchased and ones a negative positive for non payment. >>

you won't see it because he sold them in seperate, individual listings you have to view his completed listings for the last 15 days to see what he has sold. Note the pic of the first one he sold. It's a copy coin. Appears he lifted pics of an actual 1997 coin for all of his subsequent listings. Buyers will win an item not as described claim because (1) he failed to disclose it is a "copy" coin (2) he listed a copy coin as an actual US coin when he chose his category and (3) it is against ebay coin policy to list or sell copy or replica coins. His use of the first pic will be the proof that ebay needs. Buyer in his claim will only need to state "received a copy coin (see seller's item #120992263609) instead of actual coin pictured in my listing. Copy coin was listed in the US Coin category and was sold (and delivered) in violation of ebay coin and currency policy." Had seller not gone on record with the original pic of the copy coin, claims would be more difficult to win. I suspect seller had no intentions to decieve, just saw better pictures elsewhere and decided to start using them. His pricing indicates he has no idea what an actual $100 APE is really worth.

• Options
    Thanks DerryB image
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume anyone selling plated coins is trying to deceive. He's using the wrong image and is selling plated coins. That's pretty deceitful. Regardless, he's listing under
    US COINS> MINT SETS
    US COINS> COLLECTIONS, LOTS

These are at best replicas, at worst fakes.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seller must have a lot of these things,

new lower price

He made $700 on a few coins worth about a buck each. image