Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1957 Topps question

I was recently talking to a friend of a friend and he mentioned that he has some cards he would like to sell. He collected the cards as a 13-14 year old, and they have been in a shoebox pretty much untouched since late 58. I went and looked at them tonight, and they are nice...none have been mistreated. Just based on my own experience I believe all of them would grade in the 5-7 range (minus centering on a few maybe). None have been upgraded so there are some centering and focus issues but none have been cherry-picked either. They all have pretty much like new color and gloss other than a few with wax or gum marks. There are no duplicates, just a straight raw set of 57's. He also has what I believe to be a very near set of 58's. The 58's are just a tick nicer than the 57's. The 58's he isn't sure how close to a set it is but there were more cards in that box than the 57's and again, no dups. I didn't get to spend a lot of time with the cards, but all of the big stars were there and the Mantle was very pretty and nicely centered...at least a 7 maybe an 8 in my opinion. I can't get him to give any indication of what price it would take to buy them. He just wants me to make an offer. I'm not looking to steal the cards as he is a nice older fellow and we have a common friend that I wouldn't want anything to blow back on. My question is what do you think might be a fair offer? Obviously I'd like to make a couple bucks, or more accurately keep a few cards for the PC and get most of my investment back image. If anybody has some advice for me I would really appreciate it. Please send me a pm if these sets happen to be in your wheelhouse. The owner isn't a computer person, so I doubt I'll be able to get any scans until after I purchase them, if I'm able to get them. Thanks in advance for any help.
Need PSA Indians/Browns

Comments