Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

For my brother's 50th bday --

I wanted to get him/give him something he'd never forget and love.

Well, in 1973, my father got tickets to the World Series (Mets vs A's). He only got 2 and well, took my older brother. I was promised if the Mets ever got back into the WS, I would go. Of course, 13 years later (1986), I reminded my father, who could not get tickets.

Sadly, my Dad died in 1988. He was only 50.

I found my brother's ticket stub in a box and PSA was kind enough to let me add a personalized message -- WS game with Dad, priceless.

Comments

• Options
    That is an awesome gift on many levels.
    I'm building a 1968 and a 1970 Topps set. I have lots of 1970s and 1960s to offer in trade.
  • Options
    That is a really cool gift! image
  • Options
    It doesn't get any better than that. My dad passed away at the age of 49(I was 7) so I never got to see a game with him. I think of my dad every time I take my two boys to a MLB game and almost get emotional. My brother(who's 13 yrs. older than me) got to see the '70 All Star game with my dad. I know I would've loved to watch a game with him. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Great stuff and that ticket will always be cherished.
  • Options
    That's tremendous.
  • Options
    that is awesome!
  • Options
    cardcountrycardcountry Posts: 569 ✭✭✭
    What an awesome gift!

Jeff
    Jeff Foy/Dave Foy
    Card Country
    Graded stars 1950's-1980
  • Options
    That has to be one of the nicest collectibles I've seen. Wow!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!' Mark Frost
  • Options
    that is awesome. image
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    Just an awesome gift.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Great gift!!!! I never got to see a WS game with my dad either. He died in 1994 and his gravestone says "Never Saw The Red Sox Win The World Series" (seriously)
  • Options

<< <i>his gravestone says "Never Saw The Red Sox Win The World Series" (seriously) >>

I like this (in a respectful way).
    I'm building a 1968 and a 1970 Topps set. I have lots of 1970s and 1960s to offer in trade.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spectacular!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really nice! And those were pretty good seats in ol' Shea, too!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Does your brother collect?

this is absolutely amazing!

i miss Shea image
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does your brother collect?

this is absolutely amazing!

i miss Shea image >>

We collected together when we were kids...and he got me into collecting....although he's not a collector, he loves baseball and appreciates all it has to offer ....he's only 3 years older, but when you're young, 3 years is a lifetime.....I collected as a kid from 71-82...got back in from 88-91...dropped out again, but his boys got into cards and that got me back in around 2006/2007... I've been back ever since ....

• Options
    We were poor so we went to Shea as kids when we collected enough Dairylea coupons from the 1/2 gallon milk cartons. Either the games would get rained out or it would be like an 8-1 drubbing at the hands of the big red machine. I didn't care. We were all together at the game!
  • Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    Great gift!

Looks like a O Pee Chee rough cut!
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

<< <i>We were poor so we went to Shea as kids when we collected enough Dairylea coupons from the 1/2 gallon milk cartons. Either the games would get rained out or it would be like an 8-1 drubbing at the hands of the big red machine. I didn't care. We were all together at the game! >>

So were we. It took us all year collecting coupons and asking neighbors to get 5 tickets. We would usually get a giveaway day in Sept.
  • Options
    Bear48Bear48 Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
    Super Cool!