Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Hello All,

I am just getting back into the hobby again, and not quite sure what (if any) my niche market might be. I was last really in the hobby right when game used cards were scarce before the market got flooded with them, and (I think) Bowman and Bowman Chrome rookies were where it was at - call it 1998 or so. It doesn't seem like any new rookie card is worth anything unless it is autographed or is an extremely short print so I have a lot to catch up on. Any advice on what the best baseball rookie cards are these days? I have enjoyed reading this board over the past week and decided to join today, I look forward to interacting with everyone.

Josh

Comments

• Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    Welcome.

Your pledge name is mini-fridge.
  • Options
    Welcome to the board. Are ready for the usual hazing rituals? Let's just say it involves a pack of 1989 Topps, a doughnut and a midget....not necessarily in that order.
    1957: PSA 8 +
    1974: PSA 8 +
    1975-1979: PSA 9+
  • Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Welcome to the board. Are ready for the usual hazing rituals? Let's just say it involves a pack of 1989 Topps, a doughnut and a midget....not necessarily in that order. >>

I thought he had to open a box of '81 Topps and eat the gum if the pack didn't have a centered card in it...

Welcome to CU!
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options
    Word of advice, if you have bong hits for breakfast do NOT bid on any auctions. You might end up buying a 1988 Score set for $50 and think you got a bargain.
    I'm building a 1968 and a 1970 Topps set. I have lots of 1970s and 1960s to offer in trade.
  • Options
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, hello, how are ya? image
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    Welcome to the feeding frenzy.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!' Mark Frost
  • Options
    dzolotdzolot Posts: 174 ✭✭
    Welcome!! I would suggest loading up on greg jefferies, 89 topps... That's what got me hooked!!! : ) seriously tho - welcome back. It's a great hobby if you collect for the love of it. Modern cards are great, but people on these boards tend to focus on vintage. Check out my vids (see link below) for some ideas. Try collecting a classic set like 75 topps or something like that, depending on your budget. 68 topps is pretty awesome too...
    I have twelve Sports Cards videos on youtube w/ over 75,000 views in total!! Vintage cards like 1951 Mantle, 33 Goudey Ruth, T206 Cobb, etc (copy and paste link below):

http://www.youtube.com/user/dzolot

Thanks for watching. Hope you enjoyed!!

- I would encourage all collectors to post a video of their collection - I have found it to be a very rewarding way to share my sports cards!!
  • Options
    HOWDY!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Welcome welcome. I'm new here and was welcomed immediately. Most everyone is friendly and very helpful. Esp knowledgable.