Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ebay now adding stuff to my watch list that I've never even looked at

LOL

Just went to check a couple items that are ending today and there were about 7 items in my list that I never even viewed

WTF?

They were related items but still....

Comments

• Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    That's their way of competing with Amazon's "other people who looked at this, looked at..."
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Just wait til they start buying things for you that they're sure you'd like.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    kwtozkwtoz Posts: 352 ✭✭

<< <i>LOL

Just went to check a couple items that are ending today and there were about 7 items in my list that I never even viewed

WTF?

They were related items but still.... >>

You should change your password ASAP, as someone might have broken into your account. Also watch your credit card statements for things you didn't buy.

Assume the worse case scenerio, as it could be true!
    Kevin Thomas
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Yup - already changed password. This was on my work PC. After I deleted the ones I wasn't really watching, I looked about 30 minutes later and 4 of them were back. Figured something must have been going on. Running a malware scan that was still going when I left.

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    It is ebay's new feature they will be implementing soon

I saw their new ad yesterday

"We know what you want BEFORE you do"
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options

<< <i>

"We know what you want BEFORE you do" >>

this happened with Target by sending a girl suggestions about baby cribs, pack n plays, and things of that nature. Basically Target knew she was pregnant based on past purchases or searched items. This is also how her father found out before the girl was able to tell him.