Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

1924 Peace USRC MS65 --Cool & Unusual slab, hot coin!

Unusual if not rare--especially in its outer wrapper. I've never seen one in my 40 years as a collector. Little info about these online. Here's what I do know: It's a very nice, rigid slab, with beveled edges that come to a sharp edge on all 4 sides. It's wrapped in what appears to be its original baggie with matching certification number sticker to that on the slab itself.

The coin is VERY nice. Obverse is 65+ and I'm pretty conservative with grading. Blemish free, gorgeous neck and cheek, BOOMBING luster and gorgeous strike. Reverse has a few luster breaks and a few contact marks but it's still pretty hot, too. I don't know that I'd go 65 on it but it's better than any 64 I've owned.

Asking $180 plus $5 shipping.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, pretty cool !!!
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks really nice photographed through the bag! imageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, guys.

Bump for Friday. She's going dark soon. Don't wait image
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Final bump. Make an offer or say goodbye image
    --Severian the Lame