Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE UN-OPENED PACK YOU OWN-GRADED OR NOT?

Just started to get into the un opened pack collecting. Just thought it would be cool to see what some other people had as far as unopend wax or cello's go in there collections. Here is mine a 1967 Topps Cello with Pete Rose showing PSA 7.image-Mark

MARK AGGSON
Collecting Pete Rose Cello Packs
Pete Rose Master set ranking #4(Retired)

Comments

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Nice star power! I don't have any packs with stars showing, but this is my oldest.

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options

<< <i>image >>

Wow what a pack to own. Very Jealous image
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark - That 67 Rose cello is awesome! Here is my best pack. (It should look familiar to some board members):

Daniel
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a couple I really like but I think this is my fav:

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    Nice '61 pack!

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Here are my favorites: Both from The Mantle Series.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got several personal favorites, but this is in the top 3 at least...pulled straight from a full 2nd series cello box..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Wow, there are some awesome packs out there. Tim, that Munson/Reggie pack is insane. -Mark
    MARK AGGSON
  • Options

<< <i>Wow, there are some awesome packs out there. Tim, that Munson/Reggie pack is insane. -Mark >>

Thanks, Mark! And here's another, just for you, lol...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Tim,

I knew you were holding out on me. I do appreciate you selling me these two though. image-Mark
    MARK AGGSON
  • Options
    My pleasure, Mark! image Both those cellos were straight from full boxes, too, and self-submitted by me to PSA.

• Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>image >>

Wow what a pack to own. Very Jealous image >>

+1 - never even seen one of those before. what a pack.
  • Options
    I'd love to show one, but a pack that gets in my possession is a pack that is no longer unopened...
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    I'd love to show one, but a pack that gets in my possession is a pack that is no longer unopened...

Thats why its easier for me to buy graded packs. lol
    MARK AGGSON
  • Options
    mdkuommdkuom Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    1all1all Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

That really is a thing of beauty! I've gotta know - who's that peeking through the wrapper? Also do you know how many cards are in there?

-Doug (1all)
  • Options
    One card, Johnny Weissmuller. No need to rip it (even if I was so inclined), you can see right thru.

• Options
    Some Amazing packs but that 1933 Sports Kings is off the charts!

Here is my lone pack-

imageimage
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    I can only narrow it down to a year, sorry (most of the baseball and football GAI packs have been crossed over to PSA, really old photos)

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    No hockey John?

Nice to see the '71 football cello slabbed in the box, never understood why they don't do that for all cellos '70-'72.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>image >>

That really is a thing of beauty! I've gotta know - who's that peeking through the wrapper? Also do you know how many cards are in there?

-Doug (1all) >>

Anyone know what this pack is worth? Also, can we get you to YouTube a rip?
  • Options
    The last Sport Kings pack sold in Spring '11 Mile High for $12440.26, with the buyers penalty. It was graded GAI 7.5 The upper right corner on mine has a touch more wear than the one auctioned. I'd have to go thru the set to match the card, but it's a common, McNamera or Blood I suspect.
    I paid about half that for this one in '08, after missing out on one at the Cleveland National in '04 for $3k. They are tough to come by but not impossible, due to a find of packs in the early '90's. I suspect most of those got ripped though, accounting for Sport Kings wrappers being fairly plentiful and inexpensive.
    '56 and '58 Topps nickel packs are much scarcer.

• Options

<< <i>The last Sport Kings pack sold in Spring '11 Mile High for $12440.26, with the buyers penalty. It was graded GAI 7.5 The upper right corner on mine has a touch more wear than the one auctioned. I'd have to go thru the set to match the card, but it's a common, McNamera or Blood I suspect.
    I paid about half that for this one in '08, after missing out on one at the Cleveland National in '04 for $3k. They are tough to come by but not impossible, due to a find of packs in the early '90's. I suspect most of those got ripped though, accounting for Sport Kings wrappers being fairly plentiful and inexpensive.
    '56 and '58 Topps nickel packs are much scarcer. >>

Terrific pack, Anthony!