Home Sports Talk

Posts about Adam Greenberg

discuss

Comments

• dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    >Seven years, two months and 24 days after Greenberg's major league career began and seemed over on just one pitch, the now-31-year-old outfielder is to get another plate appearance on Tuesday, thanks to the Miami Marlins and a long-shot national campaign initiated by an imaginative fan on a lark.

Greenberg was felled by a pitch to the head in his only major league at-bat to date.

"I'm ready," Greenberg said on the NBC "Today" show Thursday, holding back tears as David Samson, general manager of the last-place Marlins, offered him a one-day contract.

The Marlins received approval from MLB commissioner Bud Selig to give Greenberg a plate appearance next week. Miami will host the New York Mets, who are scheduled to start knuckleballer R.A. Dickey.<

I think it's great that he'll get the chance to live his dream.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    And if RA is in complete control of the game I hope he grooves a "slow" fastball so the kid has a good chance for a hit.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.