Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

A final farewell to my fellow pack collectors...

Well for those who have come to know me over the years on the boards I just wanted to say thanks for all the good times as I prepare to ride off into the sunset. I've come and gone a few times over the years but the flicker of a flame that I have for unopened material has finally died out. In fact I haven't even watched a major league baseball game in over three years as the NFL has become my passion.

Coin collecting is my other passion and it is enough to satisfy my collecting interests. I hope that over the years on the board I have made some small, positive, & lasting contributions. I know that I was able to have several pack fabricators dismissed from ebay over the years and I was also able to help many fellow board members win paypal disputes when they were defrauded. And during the last six months I conducted my biggest pack fraud investigation thus far that eventually led to the FBI getting involved. And I'm happy to report that there is now one less (big-time) vintage pack fabricator in operation and that he should no longer be able to defraud the honest, hard working members on this board.

And with that I will say a final goodbye to all the good people on these boards that I have had the privilege to meet. And in doing so I will leave you with one piece of advice: Always trust your "common sense" & "gut instincts" as they are two of the most important, if not THE most important tools when evaluating the authenticity of a pack. Fabricated packs lie by design but your common sense and gut instincts do not.......
"You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me"--Wyatt Earp

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Don,

Thanks for all you have done to out some of the cheaters in our hobby. It was nice speaking with you the other day. Wishing you all the best in whatever you choose to do.

Good Luck.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the good detective work as well as the info you've shared over the years.

Take care and enjoy.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the info you have shared image
  • Options
    I really enjoyed your detective work. Good luck with future endeavors.image
    Looking for Cello packs with Bill Buckner on top
  • Options
    Thank you for your efforts in bettering our hobby. It was like reading a Hardy Brothers story every time!
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    Best of Luck and don't forget to check on us every once in a while.............
    Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Don,
    I'm sorry to hear this. You've shared some great information. I really appreciate what you've been able to do. Best of luck.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Seems like whenever I get to liking someone, they ain't around for long. I notice when you get to disliking someone, they ain't around for long neither. image

Don, you will be sorely missed. I'd like to personally thank you for all your help over the years as well as introducing me to this board. Stay in touch and enjoy life to the fullest.

Take care my friend.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coin collecting is a very noble pursuit, my friend...image

Always great talking with you, Don, over the years, and I hope that we will remain in touch as well. Good luck!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Angel eyes, don't go.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't be gone long. You will be missed.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    BigRed7BigRed7 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭

Blondie! Blondie! You know what you are? You're a image
  • Options
    My sincere thanks to those who responded with nice words. And a very special thanks for the friendships I developed with Tim & Mike over the years. As long as these two outstanding individuals remain in the hobby it will have no choice but to grow and flourish!

"You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me"--Wyatt Earp