Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

October specials?

Would love to find out today what October specials are. Not sure if im better off shipping out a stack tomorrow or taking a chance and wait til Monday the 1st.
If anyone finds out, please post.
www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook

Comments

• SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    I think they have been posting the specials a few days earlier on their Facebook page. Maybe check it out tomorrow to see if October specials are up yet.
  • al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    Print out a shipping label tomorrow, and drop it in a post box on Monday if you don't like the October specials. If you like the October specials better, take the package to the post office on Monday and have them change the date. Also, you'd have to change the paperwork.
  • handymanhandyman Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You wont have to change the date if you dont like the special. Just change the form. They wont say you cant make you do a sept special if your box is dated on sept. Just say you want the oct special. But printing out the for today gives you both options to ship it out with no problem.
    A loop hole
  • olb31olb31 Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    free opc grading and reviews, minimum of 500 cards.image
    Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭

<< <i>free opc grading and reviews, minimum of 500 cards.image >>

Count me in!
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

• handymanhandyman Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    October will be you pick your grade(1-10). pre 1960 and 10 card min.
  • SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    I didn't see any advance posting of the October specials on the PSA Facebook page yet. Maybe later this afternoon?
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    A sneak peak at October's Specials for all our Facebook fans.

#1: $5.25 per card, 25 card minimum, with declared values under $100 per card, 45 day turnaround, 1956-Present (Regular Size Only) (No Tallboys, T3s, Supersized, thick/patch cards, coins/pins)

#2: $5.50 per card, 25 card minimum, with declared values under $100 per card, 45 day turnaround, 1933-1955 (Regular Size Only) (No Tallboys, T3s, Supersized, thick/patch cards, coins/pins)

#3: Review Special- $10 per card, no minimum quantity, with declared values under $250 per card, 30 day turnaround (Regular, Tallboys, thicker/patch cards, coins/pins are permitted; however Supersized and T3s are excluded)

#4- Ticket Special- $15 per ticket, no minimum quantity, with declared values under $500 per ticket, 20 day turnaround. (All sizes are okay)

Set-Registry Special: Autograph Trading Card Special (Any autographed licensed trading card, Red Flip)
    $15 per card, no minimum quantity, with declared values under $250 per card, 30 day turnaround (Regular, Tallboys, Supersized, Thicker Memorabilia/Patch Cards are permitted; however T-3’s are excluded)

DNA Special: $15 for encapsulation and grading (blue flip), declared value under $150. (Single-signed only) (All PSA sizes okay, does not include the 8x10 photograph holder)
  • BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang! Waiting on a pack grading special. Anyone know how often they come around?
    Daniel
  • tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    Not much of a change
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

• Only requiring 25 instead of 50 on the '56-present special helps me!
  • bcubsbcubs Posts: 344 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Only requiring 25 instead of 50 on the '56-present special helps me! >>

Me too, I guess I'll get my sub form ready to send next week!

Appreciate today-

Bill

• 30 days for reviews is a killer. My past experience is reviews take longer than turnaround time. Have a lot of cards to review but don't know if I want to tie them up at psa for almost two months.
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭
    Boy..............they are tight on those reviews. Not doing anything with higher priced cards. All the limits on anything lately have been $250.
  • I have been waiting months for a special that includes thick/memorabilia cards. Looks like I will waiting another month.
  • halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have been waiting months for a special that includes thick/memorabilia cards. Looks like I will waiting another month. >>

I sent in 30 of those today ....

Still have a bunch to go out if the right special pops up
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Dang! Waiting on a pack grading special. Anyone know how often they come around? >>

Once a year, usually.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Would DNA special apply to signed checks?
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I'm glad there's no ticket minimum, I only have one to submit.

Probably doing some reviews too.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Topps29Topps29 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Can you clarify... Oct Specials #1, 2, 3 are they for non-sports also? I have some Batman cards to submit...
  • Do you know when they have to be postmarked by to get the special?
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Do you know when they have to be postmarked by to get the special? >>

October 31st