Home Precious Metals
Options

Spains Austerity Protest pale compare to here

Linky

This is a yahoo post with 25 photos of Spains Austerity demonstration highlights. Overall, we have it so easy here, but the bubble can't last forever. Can you imagine when the cutbacks begin.. They will likely hold off doing any such things until the last minute and all heck will fly. Some say austerity programs make it worst, but when its already worst and there isn't enough money coming in, or likely to, for goverment spending, austerity cuts will happen, eh?

Maybe I need a higher % of gold..
COA

Comments

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    A majority of the protestors are young. The younger generation has an unemployment rate close to 50% in Spain. Catalonia also wants independence from Spain, though this has been going on for decades. They may finally get it if the Spain falls apart.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    only a matter of time before the stormtroopers realize they are part of the 99%.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cutbacks have already begun.

The are 47 million people in Spain. How many were protesting?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The cutbacks have already begun.

The are 47 million people in Spain. How many were protesting? >>

The largest of 17 regions is experiencing a push for independence. Representing one-fifth of Spain's economic output and with 46% of its people supporting independence, I'd call that a lot of people protesting, if of course you consider a push for succession a protest.

Spanish War of Independence?

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I worked in Spain for a few years and have a lot of close friends there. It is bad. Really really bad. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I worked in Spain for a few years and have a lot of close friends there. It is bad. Really really bad. MJ >>

That can't be. Their 'green economy' will save them like it will us.
  • Options
    PreTurbPreTurb Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭
    I worked in Spain for a few years and have a lot of close friends there. It is bad. Really really bad. MJ

Send in "Mr. Optimism" cohodk! Those few protesters need to be informed that they are insignificant.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I worked in Spain for a few years and have a lot of close friends there. It is bad. Really really bad. MJ

Send in "Mr. Optimism" cohodk! Those few protesters need to be informed that they are insignificant. >>

Thats Mr. Realistic to you. image

I never said they were insignificant. The media has captured you. They show images of 1000 people throwing rocks and you assume it is WW3. You have become slave to the media. image

The Spanish economy is terrible. Absolutely. But it is far from the Armagheddon that so many seek (wish for) in this country. The OP suggests that the protests in Spain are nothing compared to the protest in the US. To what is he referring--the OWS folk?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear