Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

I gambled a little.

For $27 it looked good enough to try. Weight coming up Edited to add - 26.6 Krause says 26.4. Pretty good fake if that is what it is

Comments

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very pretty piece, I havent seen a fake with that eye appeal, but who knows their methods may be that advanced.
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not my area of expertise, but it looks good to me. If i'm not mistaken, based on the obverse legend, it's Year 9 (1920) (KM Y329.6; L&M 77)
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how accurate Krause is, then I wonder what how tolerances were when the originals were made - could there be some variation?
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. I feel it is real as well - even if the weight is off a little. I might send it in with my next submission to find out for sure.
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks real to me.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    looks real to me based on the toning and luster.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭

<< <i>looks real to me based on the toning and luster. >>

Almost exactly what I was going to say.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    Coin looks real sharp... As Jack stated it is a 1920 (better year than the 1914).
    I have handled about several hundred of these and most weigh in at 26.6/26.7 - Don't pay attention to Krause here.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing you already checked for magnetism ...

I have handled real and counterfeits and this looks real to me. One heck of an amazing deal you lucky SOB image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    HussuloHussulo Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a lovely coin and amazing deal. Ifit is a fake it would have had me beat.
  • Options
    icsoccericsoccer Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭
    Successful BST transactions to date: Coindeuce, Cohodk, dantheman984, STONE, LeeG, jy8s, jkal, SeaEagleCoins, Hyperion, silverman68,Meltdown,RichieURich,savoyspecial,Barndog
  • Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good to me. I pay you $40 if you don't want it. That's more than 50% profit.
  • Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone. I feel pretty good about my purchase now. Coincidently I saw more of this type today. However they were obvious fakes
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey like all others above I agree - you did good - unsure why you even thought it was a fake - has no fake charecteristics - congrat! image