Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Star Baseball - 1988 Ripken

Where can I obtain a list of all the Star baseball sets produced?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

Comments

• Options
    AUPTAUPT Posts: 806 ✭✭✭
    The listings in the Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards (through the 2011 edition) were comprehensive.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>The listings in the Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards (through the 2011 edition) were comprehensive. >>

Never heard of it Bob ... who puts that together? (As I look to my right and see it displayed prominently on my bookshelf! LOL)
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Here's an idea: Standard Catalog should have an online searchable version - subscription based. I'd rather be able to type in a player's name or a year, etc. and it brings the info up. Kind of like the search feature in PSA's population report. Searching thru phonebook size catalogs is a bit archaic. It is almost 2013. lol.
  • Options
    Such proposals were discussed 10+ years ago but it was never felt that paid usage would justify the effort expended.

As fast as advances have come in IT, the market for such data has declined.

I'd be surprised if it ever happens with this title.
  • Options
    AricAric Posts: 757 ✭✭
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the link.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    The SCBC included a CD for a couple of years 4-5 years ago. I don't know why it was discontinued. I remember it as being clumsy to use.
  • Options
    Do any of you know anything about the 88 Star Ripken set? I see that 3 cards have been graded by PSA. Is this correct, only 3??

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Do any of you know anything about the 88 Star Ripken set? I see that 3 cards have been graded by PSA. Is this correct, only 3?? >>

the only thing I know about is that I own it (wasn't the promo card pink in color?)

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    I'm referring to the orange 88 star ripken. I picked up a normal and glossy set.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    The set I picked up is labeled as 88 Star in the top right corner and match the other 88 Star sets.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    Hopefully this link will work to the set I picked up: Star Ripken

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    I had some of these graded (results ranged from 8 to 10). I'm not seeing any of these listed on eBay any longer.

Here is a sample of the set I'm referring to:
    imageimage
    imageimage

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    Here is the promo card from this set I was referring to earlier:

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    I see these promo's several places. Looks like someone sold a 1,500 count box of these recently. Do you have any info on the 'orange' set?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options

<< <i>I see these promo's several places. Looks like someone sold a 1,500 count box of these recently. Do you have any info on the 'orange' set? >>

In the late 1980's/early 1990's these sets were very difficult to locate (not the promo cards). I can't prove this obviously, but in the mid to late 1990's, a ton of these sets hit the market and I always wondered if they were re-printed (particularly the glossy set, which was unheard of until that mid 1990's time period).

IMF
  • Options
    IMF,
    I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)