Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Member suggest I post this is this a genuine 1883 US Silver dollar

I have recently found 3 silver coins in a auction lot, didn't even know they were in there, I just bid on a gut instinct, so to speak, and a few uk coins I thought would get my money back

the original post is in world coins here http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadid=868094

<< <i>Id highly reccommend you get nice clear pics of that silver dollar and post them over on the US coin forum Dave , i'm anything but expert on those but we do have the best of the best over there who can spot a fake at 20 paces and i hate to say it but at first glance the eagle doesnt look right. >>

Thanks James

Good Idea. I'm just uploading some pictures now. the eagles breast is very rubbed the back is much better and the details is certainly finer on there than the front of the coin sadly but heres the pictures, see for yourself, and I will copy this post to the US coin section too.

Also I did check the head position, with the eagle upright, the face is upside down when flipped over (ie 180 degrees to each other)

Thanks again

Dave

Noticed this is the wrong place sorry (reposted correctly)

Comments