Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Need some info on a couple of Canada tokens...

Hi all,

I have the following two Arctic Trading Company tokens. I am looking for any information on them. Is there a token book that may have these included? Or do any of you know anything about them? Thanks for your help!

Great Deals Buying and Selling: Metalsman, BobSav, Rick300, endzone, Swampboy, somecoins, Musca, commoncents05, Refrema, tonyhar, joebb21, kalshacon, JeremyDie1, percyb, scrapman1077, indiananationals, wondercoin, pragmaticgoat, tonedSilver, theboz11, Timbuk3, bigmarty58, HCumberdale, jp84, OnlyGoldIsMoney, UNLVino, coinguy1989, drewsef, coindeuce, pjcoins, giorgio11, Sullykerry52, KollectorKing, privatecoin, jclovescoins, Smittys, bronco2078, ajaan, jdmern, bidask, jrt103, CoinPhysicist, bigjpst, OKCC, Skanderbeg, pruebas, dizzlecc, MasonG, spummybum, SurfinxHI, snowequities

Comments

• Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭✭
    What does the reverse look like?

At first I thought you had a pair of Municipal Trade Tokens but they are issued by towns/communities to promote commerce in their town for a limited time then they become keepsakes. The author of the catalogue for MTTs is Serge Pelletier.
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    I'll have to dig them out sometime in the next few days but on the reverse is a picture of a ship and underneath that is "Polar Bear Capitol of the World". At the top it says "five trade dollars" and on the other "Eleven trade dollars".

Thanks for the help!

Great Deals Buying and Selling: Metalsman, BobSav, Rick300, endzone, Swampboy, somecoins, Musca, commoncents05, Refrema, tonyhar, joebb21, kalshacon, JeremyDie1, percyb, scrapman1077, indiananationals, wondercoin, pragmaticgoat, tonedSilver, theboz11, Timbuk3, bigmarty58, HCumberdale, jp84, OnlyGoldIsMoney, UNLVino, coinguy1989, drewsef, coindeuce, pjcoins, giorgio11, Sullykerry52, KollectorKing, privatecoin, jclovescoins, Smittys, bronco2078, ajaan, jdmern, bidask, jrt103, CoinPhysicist, bigjpst, OKCC, Skanderbeg, pruebas, dizzlecc, MasonG, spummybum, SurfinxHI, snowequities